Ger Cavlan (1 Viewer)

I don't think so. I wouldn't be too bothered if someone relieved him of his kneecaps but the only reason the GAA are being dragged into it is 'cause of his prominence and people want some sort of punishment. John Mullane wasn't banned when he glassed those 2 lads in a bar a while back, the courts took care of it, same difference

I don't think so. I wouldn't be too bothered if someone relieved him of his kneecaps but the only reason the GAA are being dragged into it is 'cause of his prominence and people want some sort of punishment. John Mullane wasn't banned when he glassed those 2 lads in a bar a while back, the courts took care of it, same difference

Yeah, I know what you mean. Never heard of the John Mullane double glassing... so maybe you mean John Leahy? If not, dish the dirt :)

I read today the GAA at national level have said it's nothing to do with them, but I suppose this is the sort of thing where people will either make a pariah out of him or rally round him at a local level and start saying 'it's no worse than fox hunting', 'the brit media did a job on him'. At club level, it's basically his mates, surely some of them knew what he was up to and possibly get off on that type of thing too.

There was a case earlier this year up North where an intercounty player was suspended while he was facing charges of statutory rape (i think it was), which were laughed out of court when it eventually got there. But he was suspended - presumably if he was convicted the suspension would have been a ban.

I think the organised nature of what Cavlan was/is up to; added to the cold blooded viciousness; makes this case different to something like a bar fight.

He released a statement today saying it was dealt with in court and this was entrapment etc etc. but apologising to Tyrone fans etc, suggesting he might want to play on.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Never heard of the John Mullane double glassing... so maybe you mean John Leahy? If not, dish the dirt :)

From what i remember it was 2005 , not too long after the munster final and Mullane was gettin' some stick in a bar while he was playing pool. Eventually he snapped and glassed at least 1 one of the lads, hit the other one. I was surprised at the lack of attention at the time; it really didn't make the headlines but it deffo influenced my thinking that anyone involved with the GAA who made the headlines for the wrong reasons(i.e. Cavlan) should be dealt with by judicial/civil authorities and any organisation they're involved with(esp. an amateur one) should remain impartial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back