Geography For The Leaving (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
I'd love to know when the West was 1, and how.

Good question... it certainly was two... in fact, there were 14 different language groups in the pre-Westerners West. When it was unWest, or Central, or East of East. To put this in context, there are two major language groups in Eurasia... the Basque language... or more accurately Euskara manages to escape these. It's unclear how or why....

Holloway, the anthropologist, carried out extensive research into pre-Western Western languages.

I'm going to call you Phil from now on. Phil O'Logy.

On a distantly related subject, does anyone else see the logic behind hot chocolate -filled pasta?

Originally posted by billygannon
Good question... it certainly was two... in fact, there were 14 different language groups in the pre-Westerners West. When it was unWest, or Central, or East of East. To put this in context, there are two major language groups in Eurasia... the Basque language... or more accurately Euskara manages to escape these. It's unclear how or why....

Holloway, the anthropologist, carried out extensive research into pre-Western Western languages.

would that be like, cocoa filled pasta or merely moreish melted choc filled pasta?
One would be nice, the other would be the council estate version of the latter.
Some posh restaurants do serve chocolate flavoured pasta as it so happens

I'd imagine the logic behind chocolate-filled pasta is much the same as the logic behind chocolate and marshmallow pizza.

However, it depends on the texture of the pasta. The chocolate and marshmallow pizza was certainly inspired by American fusion, while this could be a fusion that could be Swiss-Italian. That'd make the pasta come from Northern Italy... which is noted for it's terminal morraine and oxbow lakes

it's very comfort food indeed. Marshmallows blow buh.
that pizza that the Gotham Cafe does, the hoisin sauce and duck one with shredded spring onions - yuuum. It shouldn't work, but hey! it does.

Hoi Sin and duck... hmmmm.... depends on the mood of the palate. Palate sounds like platelet, which is a geographical feature. The Nazca platelet is of particular interest to me. The backdoor of South America, clinging to the mother as the Pacific plate bullies it into a volcanic rage.

Duck, when cooked thoroughly, can throw the eater into a volcanic rage too.

Here we go. When I hear "Swiss-Italian" fusion I think of nothing good, only such abberations as

- Ferraris left in neutral

- corrupt cuckoos

- Holy cheese

I'd imagine the logic behind chocolate-filled pasta is much the same as the logic behind chocolate and marshmallow pizza.

However, it depends on the texture of the pasta. The chocolate and marshmallow pizza was certainly inspired by American fusion, while this could be a fusion that could be Swiss-Italian. That'd make the pasta come from Northern Italy... which is noted for it's terminal morraine and oxbow lakes

You're right. Gotham's "Chinatown" renders a part of life meaningless because, once tasted, the search for the world's greatest pizza is immediately over.

But it don't go no unyins, Kirstie - that's some type of grass they sprinkle over the top of it.

In fact, it looks like you're eating something Gerry Daly cooked up for his garden gnomes. It smells like the back of an old horse. It breaks all the rules and it should taste of blue poo.

But it doesn't. Instead, the glory of its taste is such that it leaves you unwilling to even swallow it, for that would only end the pleasure.

You end up with a face full of pizza and in a hostel for the mental. All for under €15.

Originally posted by kirstie
it's very comfort food indeed. Marshmallows blow buh.
that pizza that the Gotham Cafe does, the hoisin sauce and duck one with shredded spring onions - yuuum. It shouldn't work, but hey! it does.

it's yum indeed
they own the independant pizza company n all, and by coincidence a nice wan has just opened down the end of my road.
that's my dinner sorted so.

I am now exquisitely hungry.

Here are some more culinary suggestions:

- lamb bars

- medallions of compacted turnip

- wine pops

Originally posted by kirstie
it's yum indeed
they own the independant pizza company n all, and by coincidence a nice wan has just opened down the end of my road.
that's my dinner sorted so.

much practiced amongst me and my mates:

Council Estate Menus
for eg:

Council Estate Nachos

Ingredients:
Tayto
Period
Jip
Gone off Mayonnaise
Easi-Singles

Method:
Take some tayto, thrun onto a plate. Now pour over your prepared period, jip and gone off mayo (if you can arrange to have it green like guacamole, so much the better). Garnish with ripped up bits of easi-single

Lazybird Compilation features...

Hector, if you're still there, to answer yer earlier questn: the Lazybird compilation features stuff by

- lads from Equilibirum Records
- members (phnar-phnar) of The Jimmy Cake
- The Wormholes
- Spectac
- Rollers/Sparkers
- Somadrone
- Dacianos
- The Last Sound
- Herv

...and others whose names escape me right now.

Being a net-pest, I'm always thinking of the children... so I've come up with some geography themed ice-creams:

Mr. Scree (Iced bits with a muddy chocolate syrup)

Drumlin Biscuits ( shaped like a drumlin, they are crunchy on outside and creamy and soft on the inside - a bit like a scab, which children like to eat)

Oxbow Ice (Crescent-like ice-pop that has the wholesome taste of oxtail soup)

That's some good research you're doing there.

Here are some other geographically themed foods - or, as our English teacher would have called them, fuds.

- U-Shaped Jelly

- Isthmustard

- Terminal Meringue

Being a net-pest, I'm always thinking of the children... so I've come up with some geography themed ice-creams:

Mr. Scree (Iced bits with a muddy chocolate syrup)

Drumlin Biscuits ( shaped like a drumlin, they are crunchy on outside and creamy and soft on the inside - a bit like a scab, which children like to eat)

Oxbow Ice (Crescent-like ice-pop that has the wholesome taste of oxtail soup)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back