Geography For The Leaving (5 Viewers)

The Lazybird CD will be available in Tower for sure. As for anywhere else, I really couldn't say.

Glad you loike the EP - chairs.

Originally posted by conor
btw, the r/s ep is really nice - very lonely open disparate sound but in a good way. sorta like floating high over an OS Map or when you're playing sim city 2000 and you go up really high into the clouds and can see all the cars moving in patterns and the buildings growing.

this is why i don't do reviews

will the layzeeburd cd be available in de shops?

I'm currently at the bottom of a mountain in Wicklow and I see little evidence of scree or talus. Plenty of granite, evidence of deafforestation, and - if I strain my eyes - I can just about make out the isthmus that is Sutton.

But it's a scree-free zone and there's an absence of talus.

Originally posted by kirstie
ah, scree and talus
where are they now
except for at the bottom of a mountain in wicklow or similar mountainous region

There's eskers aplenty out in the Lucan area. No geographical features here... well, not real ones.. virtual ones, as this is the internet

anne, you lie
for I was myself in wicklow a few weeks ago and saw much evidence of scree and talus - for they are the one and same, that is, small pieces of rock shattered off a larger piece of rock (for example, a mountain) by freeze-thaw action

Originally posted by billygannon
There's eskers aplenty out in the Lucan area. No geographical features here... well, not real ones.. virtual ones, as this is the internet

there is even a housing estate called esker lawns

and you can actually do courses in colaiste now and buy bukes on the geography of the internet, so now.

Exposed. For the Group Cert geography charlatan I really am.

I'd better take my wares some place else. Maybe they'll have me over at the tragi-comedy that is the "Best album of 2002" thread...

Originally posted by kirstie
anne, you lie
for I was myself in wicklow a few weeks ago and saw much evidence of scree and talus - for they are the one and same, that is, small pieces of rock shattered off a larger piece of rock (for example, a mountain) by freeze-thaw action

ha!
I really *did* do Geography for my Leaving.

I am astounded at my recall of it seeings as how I have given absolutely fuckall thought to things such as clints, grikes, scree, talus, corries, moraines either terminal or lateral, freeze-thaw action and eskers in the 10 years since.

imagine if Pavement had actually been called Limestone Pavement

I doubt I'd have found Steve Malkmus *quite* so attractive

not really, Anne 'Foundation Maths' O'Malley - as clints and grikes are features of a limestone pavement
so very topical actually

but that Steve M, eh? Wot a lash

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back