Geography For The Leaving (1 Viewer)

Anne OMalley

Needs to get out more
Website
www.rollerssparkers.com
Fellow School-Leavers,

Just a reminder that (i) the Rollers/Sparkers debut EP "Geography For The Leaving" is to be launched on Sunday at The Cobblestone, and (ii) it can be bought at Tower Records and Road Records.

Here's the press gumph:

WHAT IS "CAT.LAZYB005"?

Cat.Lazyb005 is a collaborative event, taking place next Sunday, organised by Lazybird and Rollers/Sparkers. As well as live performances by three acts - Rollers/Sparkers, Deputy Fuzz and Spoilt Boobjob - the evening will see the official launch of the double CD compilation, "Lazybird Vol. 2&3", and of "Geography For The Leaving" by Rollers/Sparkers.

Because Cat.Lazyb005 is a school-night event, it will kick off at 6pm and finish at 11pm. It is not inconceivable that the more fleet-footed among you will make the last bus home.

Admission is 8 neuros. The first 40 bodies in the door will receive a free CD.

Where is it? The Cobblestone, Smithfield, Dublin
When is it? Sunday December 8th, 6pm 11pm

HOW CAN I GET "GEOGRAPHY FOR THE LEAVING"?

"Geography For The Leaving" is now available in Dublin from Tower Records (Wicklow Street) and from Road Records (Fade Street). For the geographically challenged, it can be purchased online (securely) from Road Records by going to http://www.roadrecs.com. Using only your credit card details and a connection to the Internet, you can have the CD mailed directly to your home. Please note that this service may not be available until Friday of this week i.e. December 6th.

Sincerely,

The Head Boy.

How are we meant to read: "Geography for the Leaving"

Should it be "Geography for the Leaving"?

Or "Geography for the Leaving"?
Or just "Geography for the Leaving"?

Should I be studying for it? Do you cover Terminal Morraine?

You can read it whatever way you like, Billygannonaroll. However, do please note the capitalisation of the middle two terms: that's "Geography For The Leaving", not "Geography for the Leaving".

As for terminal moraines, yes they will be covered. They will be covered with a nutrient-enriched soil, the better to make them arable and fit for herbaceous cultivation.

You know what they say: when in loam...

Tons of heads. It's a double CD: one side is mostly live stuff, the other mostly studio stuff.

There's even a contribution from the little known (but now sadly defunkt) creepbeat outfit Mormons/Quakers...

I enjoyed the artwork on the cd. So much so, I based my wallpaper on it.

I have some aluvial soil in my kitchen... should I bring it down to this? Do you think it'd help...

Eh... it came with the kitchen when we moved in. "The soiled-effect floor" they called it. We decided we wanted lino instead. It's a nuisance having to rub your feet on the mat when you're leaving the house.

It's alluvial now because I'm pretty messy when it comes to washing up the dishes.

nice
the rats must love to frolic in it

I like a nice esker or corrie of a friday morning
in fact any sort of glacial leaving is fine by me

clints and grikes, now they rock

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
You can read it whatever way you like, Billygannonaroll. However, do please note the capitalisation of the middle two terms: that's "Geography For The Leaving", not "Geography for the Leaving".

As for terminal moraines, yes they will be covered. They will be covered with a nutrient-enriched soil, the better to make them arable and fit for herbaceous cultivation.

You know what they say: when in loam...

aaa ha ha ha :) deadly buzz.

A nice clay laced with magnesium-oxide would be preferable, but alluvial might cut the mustard either.

By the way, be careful where you sit in the venue. We're expecting some heavy glaciation at the back. There's going to be a lot of limestone afterwards. We're talking about 2-3 on the Moh's scale here - it could get ugly. I'm thinking of the haemhorroid factor etc.

Originally posted by billygannon
I enjoyed the artwork on the cd. So much so, I based my wallpaper on it.

I have some aluvial soil in my kitchen... should I bring it down to this? Do you think it'd help...

Originally posted by kirstie
nice
the rats must love to frolic in it

I like a nice esker or corrie of a friday morning
in fact any sort of glacial leaving is fine by me

clints and grikes, now they rock

What with you being an ice-maiden, I'd assume your knickers sitting in a bedsit in London could also be termed a "glacial leaving".

There's not enough people called "Grike".

Originally posted by silo
not forgetting oxbow lakes and longshore drift, of course.

Y'know... I liked Longshore Drift's earlier stuff, but they've gone too commercial

ah, scree and talus
where are they now
except for at the bottom of a mountain in wicklow or similar mountainous region

btw, the r/s ep is really nice - very lonely open disparate sound but in a good way. sorta like floating high over an OS Map or when you're playing sim city 2000 and you go up really high into the clouds and can see all the cars moving in patterns and the buildings growing.

this is why i don't do reviews

will the layzeeburd cd be available in de shops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back