Gears of War (3 Viewers)

Brady? Dudley?

And Dave for the record I'll be shit too, haven't played it in months. Well I played with a mate from London a few weeks back as it was the only game we had in common and I was woeful. It'll just be a laugh!

Aye, it'll be a laugh.

As for tonight - I dunno, there be champs league on telly tonight.

From a post on the xbox forum for UK + Ireland:

Attention all useless GOW Players
When playing gears of war online, does the following happen to you?:
  1. You spend a lot of time spectating
  2. You have considered not drinking beer to assist with your aim. You have also laughed and dismissed this out of hand as you crack open a tinnie.
  3. Being the last to die is a success in your book. Even though you ran away and hid in a corner.
  4. Your attempts at using the torque bow are just as effective as doing this to your opponent ->
    emotion-4.gif
  5. Everyone seems to know everyone else and you feel like you're in there just to make up the numbers
  6. When trying to help your team mate, shouting 'superbob818xxl, he's behind you' makes you feel like a pleb.
  7. You get insulted a lot by American people who tell you that you suck and question your sexual orientation
  8. You suspect you are being beaten by a child that is also sending a text and doing their homework at the same time
  9. Same child is arguing with their brother/sister/mum in the background
  10. Playing with kids seems a little bit wrong and you'd much to prefer to play against people your own age
  11. You find yourself running after your team, but have no idea where you're going
  12. You know where a couple of the extra weapons are, but only because you've died by them
  13. When people say 'I hate this map', you can't really tell the difference
  14. Tagging an opponent is beyond your capability
  15. You don't know what tagging is
  16. When shooting an enemy in close proximity, you spray bullets everywhere except on the place you intend to
  17. You see other people rolling around to avoid being shot. When you do this, you get dizzy and still get shot
  18. No matter how many times you have been killed, you still scream down the mic like a 10 year old girl when attacked from behind/sniped.
  19. You constantly forget about the correct reloading procedure
  20. You are made to feel like the fat kid/slightly effeminate one from school team games, because you are clearly the worst player in the lobby.
  21. When you occasionally shoot someone, you feel compelled to tell your partner, who looks at you like you're an idiot.
  22. Repeatedly tapping the A button has never made a difference, but does remind you of the track and field games of the 80's
If any of these strikes a chord with you, then feel free to add me to your list!
Our little band of rubbish players has enjoyed a good few games recently, but there's always room for more people who like a game, don't take it too seriously, and aren't very good. If you're interested, the next game will be around 8pm, Thursday 15th Feb. If you'd like to play, leave your name here, send me a FR and I'll send you an invite.
You can add me to your friends list by clicking below.
http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/profile/FriendsMgmt.aspx?gt=dodgyknees&act=Add
REMEMBER, ONLY RUBBISH GAMERS UP FOR A LAUGH NEED APPLY! GOOD GAMERS WILL BE TAKEN OUTSIDE AND SHOT (I WILL MISS, HOWEVER)

can we do this tonight instead? I'm totally psyched up now after reading that list. I haven't played anyone online with GOW.

Well as JohnnyC said, champions league is on. I'll be on about 9.30/10, see how's about.

played a bit last night. my god there are some retards out there. I joined a few games and promptly got exploded, called a "faggot" and had to listen to filthy fucking dickless jerks from the UK, US and even Ireland. made a few kills after a bit, but mostly wanted out.

played against Johnnyc for a bit, but we got bored.

In conclusion, I hate people I don't know.

Thats why I suggested everyone here playing together, but no one else turned up. Pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back