Gang Gang Dance / Ambulance - Skinny Wolves Club : Thur 31st August (1 Viewer)

gang_gang.jpg

Gang Gang Dance is the sound of a host of worker bees cross-pollinating different musical blossoms pollen into a new hybrid.

and
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
is 9 mins of GGD Live at Malmö Festivalen, Sweden, 22 August 2006

or else you can view them here on the skinny wolves myspace page

now added to the line up:

UNITED BIBLE STUDIES
http://www.myspace.com/unitedbiblestudies
http://www.desertedvillage.com/

Originally formed as a duo with an unhealthy desire to emulate the incredible string band, UBS quickly evolved into a collective and laid the groundwork for the deserted village label and events. Since their formation in winter 2001 they have played and recorded sporadically-never settling on one recording method, never settling on one line-up.

The new album on Deadslackstring "The Shore that Fears the Sea" shows a love of the unadorned beauty of Shirley Collins, Anne Briggs and Vashti Bunyan as well as the work of Current 93, Coil and Sol Invictus. Sparse folk sidles up to a more melodic take on free improv and tales of loss and pagan longing abound. If they could exist anywhere, they would be playing in the green man when Sergeant Howie arrives.

Since their sun worship ritual at The Mór Festival in 2003, the students have increased their activities. The set, which included radical reworkings of of some of their quiet new folk songs has been edging towards a more Pharoah Sanders/ Emperor/ Can hybrid thanks to the new drums and horns helping them to blaze brighter in the northern skye. Live shows throughout Ireland and Britain including the Leechrum Festival have seen them wildly improvise with up to twelve members or play straight trad as a trio. Their philosophy is that all paths are equal, all approaches relevant. Members have sometimes met on stage for the first time.

i can't believe you kicked mary out of the band.
i hope you guys are proud?

she has no money and no where to go....

Mary-O_Leary-Big_Brother_6-Daily-Star-Sunday-26-02-06_2.jpg

actually, maybe you can go play in the park or forest she's sleeping in and make every okay again?

i'm really really really really really really really excited about seeing gang gang dance. this is going to be amazing. .|..|

Gang Gang Dance were one of my highlights of ATP that time...

I didn't enjoy Ivan at ATP though....

(just kidding ivan!)

ivan.jpg

i thought reviews of ivan at ATP were unfair... "repetitive", "irritating", "obnoxious" are pretty harsh words. that whole 'who let the dogs out' thing does get a bit tedious after a while though...

farrell, are you sure you want to go this year?

Tonight!

Read about the new Gang Gang Dance DVD here
(which should be available at the gig tonight, ahead of its proper release....)

Thus, rather than release a new album to coincide with their European tour (which kicks off today in France), the band is putting out the DVD Retina Riddim via the Social Registry. It will be in stores in December, and available at the band's merch table in the meantime.

Created by DeGraw, an accomplished visual artist, the 30-minute Retina Riddim is "50% film and 50% remix album." DeGraw explains, "I took lots of pieces of music from our past records and dragged them into Final Cut, then just began chopping them up, taking a bass sound or a drum hit or things like that and creating a new track out of those sounds. Slowed them down or sped them up, then maybe added a random vocal from a live recording, or bits of live sound from tour footage, things like that. Then when I had a finished audio track I started dropping in video. Images that I felt were equivalent to the sounds. That formed the basis of the film.

"Then I began to add more over top of that, dropping in bits of live footage over top, pieces of interviews, footage of friends that we encountered on tour. The pace of the film is really fast and choppy. At times I think it reads a bit like an exercise in Final Cut, lots of looping and guilty pleasures. Then towards the end it opens up into a straighter piece of footage from a show we played in Tokyo.

"So it begins very hyper and ends very trance-like and slow, which I like because I feel that it's quite opposite of what films often try to do creating a long buildup into a climactic ending. This one goes backwards, starts with a bang then sort of slows down to a snail's pace."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back