Gah!! Tips for cheap ass bass amp hire for this weekend? (1 Viewer)

pissypants

Hi folks,
Anyone know of any individual that would do me a cheap ass rental (or lend!) of either a bass amp combo or just a bass head for this weekend (2-3 days)? I've taken a look at a few of the main hire places, but I'm a bit broke at the moment to afford them.

4 gigs this weekend and my bass amp started acting the ass last night.
:mad: :mad:

Cheers...

Buy an amp, then return it. Just like Doug did when he bought the flatscreen for Superbowl sunday & returned it on Monday on that classic King of Queens episode.

Cheers washington - I was on to them already: I can get an Ashdown head off them for the weekend for €60 or and Ampeg for €80. Fair enough prices - but not for the flat ass broke like me at the moment!

Ann - Hey yeah I've done that before, and when the venue has good / loud / full range monitors (even just for the bass position on stage) it works great.

Unfortunately in most venues the monitors aren't really up to it for bass (and asking for more through the monitor usually results in "that's all I can give you, it'll blow" from the engineer). As it stands I only really use the amp for on-stage monitoring and just the DI goes through FOH anyway.

you could nearly pick up your own personal active monitor for 60 or 80 beans. failing that a little guitar amp would get you through the weekend, with tinnitus. i'd give you mine if i lived anywhere useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back