Fucking Genius goings on at the RSA. (1 Viewer)

statistics should be available for all road deaths

alcohol level
speed
seatbelt status
etc

'but the families won't like it'

fuck them. covering up the facts won't bring anybody back to life.

They wouldn't have to name and shame the dead, just compile all the stats and publish them periodically with the names taken out.

I applied for a test in February and I only got a letter yesterday - it's on the 16th of November. I failed my last test about 5 years ago. I hadn't done one since then as I was completely at a loss as to why I had failed. I should have passed. The tester was a wanker. So I couldn't see the point in doing it again if I was going to be failed again for no reason.

I've been driving for ten years. I have never been in an accident and have no penalty points. So how come all of a sudden I'm incompetent?

This country is completely fucked up. The government are great at passing sweeping generalised laws at the drop of a hat against people who aren't exactly menaces to society yet they do fuck all about anything that's actually important.

Pack of fuckers patting themselves on the back about bringing in smokings bans, dog bans, learner driver bans while the country goes down the fucking toilet. Deadly.

in fairness, driving 10 years and only having done one driving test
is also pretty symptomatic of our 'fucked up country'.

They wouldn't have to name and shame the dead, just compile all the stats and publish them periodically with the names taken out.

they could
but wouldn't it be more effective if they published the facts in each individual news report?

instead of crap like 'car went out of control and hit a wall at 2.45am' stuff.

car went out of control because dudes were speeding and probably drunk!

name and shame them. With photographs.

have personal reasons for wanting this issue highlighted - no fun when a relative is killed through no fault of their own.

i took maybe a dozen lessons over a 3 week period months and months ago (first lesson: "you're going to do a 3 point turn / turnabout". second lesson: "You're driving to Navan and back"), then.... stopped.

went back out on saturday for another lesson and i've been out twice with herself since then.

here pete, compare that to the hours clocked in playing computer games...

haha i jest.

not to point out the obvious, but if anyone's doing a test, do at least
2 pre-test lessons, no matter how long you're driving (especially if you're
driving ages and think you can drive, like i did first time around)

they'll tell you everything you're doing wrong and teach you how to pass
the test.

it's a piece of piss once you get in the zone

if they really wanted to do shit properly, they'd be getting kids
without cars to learn how to drive in school etc etc, like they do
on continent and all that

it's the two year R plate that i find odd

R plates are used in the uk,don't remember how long for though.

I always reckoned that people would drive the best they ever would right after a test. Everything still being fresh and all that. Taking the restrictions off two years down the line is definately odd given all the bad habits etc that would develop.

The whole thing smells like a speedy attempt at getting the wrong kind of results.

Anyways, I'm wating for my test the past three months, with no date yet. I drive an 02 1.8 Mondeo. I might just remove the hub caps as well, stick an extra aerial on it and drive while growling. that'd do it i reckon.

I don't know anyone with a full license that I can get to accompany when I'm driving.

That bit seems to be geared towards young people living with their parents?

when does this take affect from?

I saw a couple of L-ers pulled in by cops this morning. May have been for something else but its a mad coincidence if it is.

Plus I also reckon I saw more cops in general about the place. Isn't it mad when they bring in something like this that they make a mad effort at the start to show they 'mean business'. Then a couple of months down the line it'll all be forgotten about. The same will happen in this case for sure

This has everything to do with Gay Byrne being pissed off at boy racers in Howth and will make bugger all difference to road deaths, which invariably happen because some boyo with a full licence is speeding around his home town in the early hours of saturday or sunday after a few pints.

cars are very dangerous lads, you cant just be driving around in them because you want to or because you got a job requiring you to drive even though you have shown no evidence of being able to drive.

young lads shouldn't be allowed have cars, they drive too fast and recklessly and think that because they can manouvre around bends really fast and park perfectly that they have sufficient experience to deal with unexpected stuff. i accuse young lads and sleepy drivers of being the most dangerous thing about the roads. also, tachographs for everyone!

I would never have taken the car out on my own if I hadn't done enough lessons to make me believe I had the ability to do so.

My instructor encouraged me to do so saying it was the only way I could learn how to drive properly, interacting other road users etc. I figured if he had faith in my driving abilities than I must be doing ok.

I wish I could just apply and do the test right now. My own fault for putting it on the long finger.

I'm off to buy shares in driving schools who will no doubt double their rates now. Don't you love this country.

Where I don't object to this in principal I still hate Dempsey. I had to apologise to the kids today as I shouted at Morning Ireland and turned off the radio when that prick came on it today.

I failed my last test about 5 years ago.

I've been driving for ten years. I have never been in an accident and have no penalty points. So how come all of a sudden I'm incompetent?
i thought you were only allowed get another provisional licence if you've proved that you have applied for the test? did you have any sort of licence in the intervening five years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back