Fuck the Television. (1 Viewer)

I'm considering getting rid of the ntl and downloading telly instead. Anyone done this, doing this?

i know i say this all the time. I haven't had a t.v. for nearly 2 years now.

I get the odd fix of discovery channel in Marino but other than that no tv for me.

I rent the odd Palin documentary and now because of wheels the odd curb your enthusiasm dvd.

I never watch the TV anymore. The family has Sky Digital full pack at home but I rarely if ever watch it. i get so annoyed watching something like Lost or 24 with ad breaks every ten minutes that I end up switching over. I download all the TV shows I want to watch, burn em to DVD and watch em on my DivX player

Yeah, just get rid of it altogether. I haven't had channels for 4 or 5 years now, though I still have the telly for the auld playstation and the odd DVD. Jaysus, telly is worse than I remembered! Watching it over xmas was pure torture!

I'm considering getting rid of the ntl and downloading telly instead. Anyone done this, doing this?

There's a few things I still watch (esp BBC4) so I wouldn't do it.
But if you're fed up of it, then go for it. I wouldn't get rid of the actual television set though - watching telly / films through a PC or laptop isn't for me.

one of your recent listenings is TV on the radio.....

where do you download schtuff?

I use projectw.org It can take a bit of digging to find what you want but there's ass loads there. I would use torrents or enev IRC but neither work here in college so i use sites like rapidshare and the ilk.

Got a big telly recently and can't watch NTL on it as it looks really really bad. DivX looks great on it, NTL is roughly the same quality as youtube once you put it on a decent telly. Downloaded a load of BBC's Planet Earth in HD (2.2 gigs per 40 min episode), working through that and six foot under season three at the minute. Still keeping the NTL for the odd channel four doc and johnathan ross and the like.

i know i say this all the time. I haven't had a t.v. for nearly 2 years now.

I get the odd fix of discovery channel in Marino but other than that no tv for me.

I rent the odd Palin documentary and now because of wheels the odd curb your enthusiasm dvd.

Discovery aint what it used to be, it's dumbing down somthing fierce.

as of next month I will have no TV.
I will have to talk to my family instead.
The prospect, he is not appealing.

as of next month I will have no TV.
I will have to talk to my family instead.
The prospect, he is not appealing.

television is the grave of your free time. Havent had a (working) telly for three years and dont miss it one bit. Was home over christmas, and a few episodes of american chopper convinced me that no-tv is the way to go.

meh. i lived perfectly happily for 18 years without a tv and i'd still prefer to have one. it gives me something to look at while i'm knitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back