Fuck Religion (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 98K
  • Watchers 12
So..I dunno if this has been posted before.but it turns out theres a crowd of dopes over stateside that have these things called Glory Clowds.

They all get together for a weekend in one of their 12000 seater churches and at the end..if they are super holy and God is pleased with them..they get a dose of the clowd

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't know why..but this is something I find a bit depressing.

I just can't figure out.can all 12000 of them people have so little time for reality..that this kinda thing gees them up?

They can't all be lunatics surely?

io2PRAK

intell195.jpg

read this one a few years ago - the version i remember was that it was 2-3 peoples biographies hagiographied into one 'jesus'.

even at that, those guys were mostly based on previous guys anyways.

Does he come down on the pro or anti side of religion? It's a pretty obnoxious title if he's anti-religion.

Does he come down on the pro or anti side of religion? It's a pretty obnoxious title if he's anti-religion.

Its been a few years since i read it but i think he basically just comes down on the historical/factual side of things. Its not really an opinion book, its more like 'guide to religions of for space lizards'.

This could go on a few threads but seeing as they were Sect I reckon it fits here. Documentary vid (47m 42s) at link.

The Colony: Chile's dark past uncovered
The Colony: Chile's dark past uncovered - Al Jazeera Correspondent - Al Jazeera English

How did a secret German sect in Chile become a haven for Nazi fugitives and a torture centre for the Pinochet regime?
Al Jazeera Correspondent Last updated: 09 Nov 2013 09:00

Forty years after the US-backed military coup that brought General Augusto Pinochet to power in Chile, the truth about the sordid abuses and crimes that took place during his dictatorship are still emerging.

The mountains of Patagonia in southern Chile witnessed a particularly bizarre chapter of the Pinochet era; one that is still claiming victims today.

In 1961, a former Nazi officer called Paul Schaefer fled Germany, along with hundreds of others, to found a sect in southern Chile. In an idyllic rural enclave framed by the Andes Mountains he created a virtual state within a state - one where horrifying events unfolded.

Initially with the ignorance of the government, and then with the complicity of the Pinochet regime, children were separated from their parents at birth and raised in a Kinder House. Men and women were kept apart and often drugged, while Schaefer systematically sexually abused boys and, occasionally, girls. ...

It also served as a haven for Nazi fugitives - such as Walter Rauff, the inventor of the portable gas chamber, and Joseph Mengele, the so-called 'Angel of Death' - who were permitted to hide out there in exchange for overseeing sophisticated forms of torture.

Saudi men arrested for offering free hugs in Riyadh
BBC News - Saudi men arrested for offering free hugs in Riyadh

Grab from Bandr al-Swed's YouTube video showing him offering hugs in Riyadh

Bandr al-Swed's video of Riyadh hugs has proved popular on YouTube

Two men have been arrested in Saudi Arabia for offering free hugs to passers-by in the capital, Riyadh.

The Saudi religious police detained the two young men for indulging in exotic practices and offending public order.

The free hugs movement aims to "brighten up" people's lives by offering strangers hugs.

A young Saudi man, Bandr al-Swed, posted a video of himself offering hugs to male strangers on YouTube, where it has received nearly 1.5m views.

"After seeing the Free Hugs Campaign in many different countries, I decided to do it in my own country," Mr Swed told al-Arabiya news.

"I liked the idea and thought it could bring happiness to Saudi Arabia."

Britain's Independent newspaper reports that his video inspired two more young Saudis, Abdulrahman al-Khayyal and a friend.

They offered hugs, advertised on a placard, in one of Riyadh's main shopping streets.

They were subsequently arrested by the kingdom's religious police, the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, which is charged with ensuring that sharia law is strictly adhered to.

The two were required to sign a pledge that they would not offer hugs again, reports say.

The duties of Saudi Arabia's religious police, or mutawa, include preventing women driving, enforcing modest dress codes, policing bans on public entertainment and making sure all businesses close for prayers five times a day.

Some in the kingdom find the mutawa's powers an interference in their lives.

The religious police attracted criticism for their role in a 2002 fire at a school in Mecca in which 15 girls died. The police were accused of trying to keep the girls inside the burning building because they were not wearing the proper black robes required of Saudi females.

Poor fucker: The Rev Mark Sharpe alleges his dog was poisoned, his car tyres slashed and his post tampered with when he was vicar of Hanley Broadheath in Worcestershire.

Church of England 'harassed vicar' case to be heard again
BBC News - Church of England 'harassed vicar' case to be heard again

Reverend Mark Sharpe

The Reverend Mark Sharpe's case for constructive dismissal will now be heard again

A vicar who claims he suffered a four-year campaign of harassment has won the latest round of his legal fight.

The Rev Mark Sharpe alleges his dog was poisoned, his car tyres slashed and his post tampered with when he was vicar of Hanley Broadheath in Worcestershire.

He resigned in 2009 due to poor health and brought a constructive dismissal case against the Church of England.

The Church successfully contested the case last year but Mr Sharpe has now won the right to a new hearing.

He moved to Hanley Broadheath, near Worcester, with his wife and four children in 2005, but stepped down in September 2009.

He started a legal case against the Church, which he said should have warned him of the nature of the parish and its problems and have supported him better.

'Immense relief'
The Church contested the case and in February of last year successfully argued that Mr Sharpe held a freehold position and was not an employee with statutory employment rights.

Members of the clergy are not covered by employment legislation as, in the eyes of the law, they are employed directly by God.

However, at an Employment Appeal Tribunal on Thursday, Mrs Justice Cox said in light of a ruling on Methodist minister Haley Preston Mr Sharpe's case should be reviewed at a new tribunal.

Mr Sharpe said: "This decision has come as an immense relief.

"I never intended to set out on this journey, but I was forced down this route in order to seek recompense for my family and I."

A spokesperson for the Church of England said: "The Appeal Tribunal judge did not rule on whether freehold incumbents in the Church of England are either employees or workers."

The Church said the case would now "start all over again".

Blaming the prime minister for the bad weather, he added: “It is his fault that large swathes of the nation have been afflicted by storms and floods.

“He has arrogantly acted against the Gospel that once made Britain ‘great’ and the lesson surely to be learned is that no man or men, however powerful, can mess with Almighty God with impunity and get away with it for everything a nation does is weighed on the scaled of divine approval or disapproval.”
Ukip politician claims gay marriage caused storms - UK News | Online Newspaper | The Irish Times - Sat, Jan 18, 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back