Fuck Religion (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 98K
  • Watchers 12
Between Youth Defence and the Caleb Foundation my faith in humanity is at an all time low, fuck religion indeed. Unless the have a sense of humour like that Geoff lad, he's alright in my book.

one question i want to ask a creationist but haven't gotten round to it yet.
i suppose you could ask anyone religious.

if god created the heavens and the earth, and the heavens and the earth have existed for a finite time, what the hell was god doing the the rest of the time?
he would have existed for an infinite amount of time before creating them. and infinity is a long time. longer than a directors cut of a terence malick film, i suspect.

I think God created himself just before he created the world or else he has hanging out in heaven with the angels and stuff. This would be before he kicked Satan out of heaven and created hell.

I think God created himself just before he created the world or else he has hanging out in heaven with the angels and stuff. This would be before he kicked Satan out of heaven and created hell.

i hear the eviction of satan took for ever. and then he had to clean the place up afterwards, satan and the angels we filthy fuckers. the carpet in the sitting room was stuck together with empty snackboxes.

Heh, heh!

Brentwood Cathedral struck by 'aeroplane ice block'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-18767286

Ice from the sky left roof tiles and beams damaged at Brentwood Cathedral

A block of ice believed to have fallen from an aeroplane crashed through the roof of an Essex cathedral during a Sunday service.

Father James MacKay was leading the Eucharistic prayer at Brentwood Cathedral when he heard an "explosion".

The congregation looked on as a shower of roof slate and ice fell outside the building. The cathedral's roof and beams were damaged.

The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said ice strikes from planes were rare.

'Trembling with shock'
Fr MacKay said: "Halfway through the celebration there was what sounded like a massive explosion to the left side of the cathedral.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

You think this sort of thing is a myth”

Father James MacKay
"Everything stopped as we heard this. I turned to my left to see lots of slate and what looked like white stuff, which we now know was ice, falling from the roof.

"I was trembling with a bit of shock.

"After a couple of seconds of shocked pause I said 'right, let's crack on' and we did so."

An usher who went to investigate told Fr MacKay the cathedral had been hit from above, possibly by ice from a plane.

Fr MacKay said: "You think this sort of thing is a myth. But when you see the damage in the roof, you realise it is not. It went straight through the slate."

The CAA gets about 30 reports each year of ice falling from aircraft.

A CAA spokesman said: "Ice falling from planes does not happen that often - it can happen around hose connections and if washers fail.

"You can have a big lump of ice come off an aircraft as it descends into warmer air.

"But increasingly, a lot of these incidents are natural meteorological phenomena."

The building, near the High Street, is England's newest cathedral and was built between 1989 and 1991.

The damage caused on 1 July has been repaired and cost hundreds of pounds, the cathedral said.

now that they got their basically free worldwide promotion and healthy slice of the bible belt dollar, they can wind in that little project. All marketing is viral, starting two years ago

1054180984_7841.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back