Fuck Religion (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 99K
  • Watchers 12
It's probably hard for the Catholic Church to say they think JP surviving the gunshot wound was a result of God's intervention considering they then put him behind bullet-proof glass every time he left the house.

It's not that they didn't think God would intervene again if someone else tried to kill him but it's just that.......y'know.......God can't be everywhere at once.

Madam, – The removal of a religious statue of Christ for safety reasons from the entrance to Killarney Community Hospital (Anne Lucey’s report, Home News, March 6th) is political correctness gone mad. What possible harm can these icons do?
I’m a lapsed Catholic and often fiercely critical of the Catholic Church, but many people take great solace from the church and praying to these statues is part of that. If just one person felt better for praying to one of these statues and left hospital early, how much could that save the hospital? Surely a lot more than the cost of the repair. – Yours, etc,
GLENN ARMSTRONG,
Blessington, Co Wicklow.

This should sort ya out noolzer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What the fuck ?

I love the way they blur everything except his face.

Am I on some sort of sex offender list because I watched that now ?

If I am I'm moving next door to you Gaz and watch your house value plummet mwah hah ha ha .

The-Break-Up_english.jpg

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0403/abuse.html

Vatican criticised for using Jewish comparison
Saturday, 3 April 2010 10:56
The Pope's personal preacher, Fr Raniero Cantalamessa, has been criticised for comparing objections to the Vatican's handling of child sex abuse scandals to what he called the most shameful aspects of anti-Semitism.

Victims' groups and Jewish organisations have said it was inappropriate to liken the discomfort of the Catholic Church to hundreds of years of violence and abuse.

Fr Cantalamessa, the preacher to the Papal Household at the Vatican, made the comments during a ceremony at St Peter's Basilica as Pope Benedict XVI looked on.

Advertisement
Speaking during a Good Friday observance, he said he was quoting from a letter from a Jewish friend.

'The stereotyping, the transfer of personal responsibility and blame to a collective blame reminds me of the most shameful aspects of anti-Semitism,' said Fr Cantalamessa, quoting the letter.

'I have followed with disgust the violent attack. . . against the Church (and) the Pope,' said the letter, read out by Fr Cantalamessa, who by tradition is the only person allowed to preach to the Pope.

Pope Benedict, 82, made no mention of the child abuse controversy during a traditional procession later yesterday at Rome's Colosseum re-enacting Jesus Christ's final hours and crucifixion.

Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi said the comments were from 'a letter read by the preacher and not the official position of the Vatican'.

But the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, the largest and most active of such groups in the US, denounced the remarks.

Jewish organisations demanded an apology from the Pope himself.

David Goldberg of the Liberal Jewish Synagogue in London said he was astounded that criticism of the Pope should be compared to the treatment of Jews.

The child abuse scandal has engulfed much of Europe and the US, prompting harsh criticism of the Vatican's handling of the scourge.

oh dear.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8601381.stm

'It should be remembered that the archbishop has neither experience of Irish life nor any direct ecclesiastical authority in this country. I hope that he will reflect on his comments, and I deeply regret the hurt that he has caused.'
Bishop of Meath and Kildare, Richard Clarke

Well they certainly have their priorities in order when it comes to unequivocally acknowledging 'hurt caused'.

spas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back