four track recording (1 Viewer)

For the last week I can't stop listening to this guy.
http://www.myspace.com/arielpink

All his stuff is done on a Yamaha MT8X, an 8-track casette based system.

MT8XII.gif

Listening to it feels like finding a C-90 down the back-seat of a hire car, or in the drawer of a hotel room.

For the last week I can't stop listening to this guy.
http://www.myspace.com/arielpink

All his stuff is done on a Yamaha MT8X, an 8-track casette based system.

MT8XII.gif

Listening to it feels like finding a C-90 down the back-seat of a hire car, or in the drawer of a hotel room.

ariel is the man, he played boom boom room a year or two ago, think it was skinny wolves.. he actually played his backing tracks from the four or eight track they were originally recorded on!

you should check out john maus for some of the same sort of stuff, and your woman nite jewel as well..

cheers japeo, yeah was listening to nite jewel the other day too.

Checking out John Maus now, man his quotes / reviews section is fucking class:

About John Maus
REVIEWS OF 'SONGS' (2006)

It took this Ariel Pink cohort five years to write and record his debut album, and only five minutes to become more annoying than Ariel Pink.
- CMJ

For me, this is just too weird. The first couple of tracks make this the most skip-able album of 2006.
-Subba Cultcha

Apparently, Maus spent five years working on this album, which is a shame because, frankly, its awful.
-Vice

There isn't one song you could call 'good' on the whole album.
-Music Zine

Overall, I can't recommend this album even as a novelty listen. Maybe I just don't get it. It seems as if Maus sabotages practically any hint of an interesting melody, lyric, or instrumental part with a blatantly grating one at almost every turn.
-Indie Workshp

Maus's baroquely deadpan voice - and thats being polite - effectively spoils many a song. Some will hear a little Nick Cave in it; others will hear a man crapping out of his mouth.
-Drowned in Sound

This thread has me heart broke. Have no computer that'll work for recording, and can't find me fourtrack. It's broken as well but someone might be able to fix it.

It's like pining over a first love.

porta414.jpg

i've recently started using my 4 track again. its so refreshing not to have to look at a screen! its got a lovely crackely warm sound and theres nothing like sitting on your couch drinking with a mic and a few instruments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back