Found Abounded kittens need help! (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

They feed a little from a small 2.5ml sringe and then they go to sleep for a bit, they are about or just under three weeks old , sometimes they wont stop meowing even though they have taken milk. They are also warm.. What else could be wrong going to town today to get kitten forumla stuff. but Also need more help.... Theres three of them, they also had sore eyes but we've cleared that up with some stuff we had.

Im starting to get worried about them....

Shit i spelled abandoned wrong.... So dont say anything about it.

pie.jpg

ok, they are outside in the straw, i'll be back in a minute, then id say. HAve to get batterys for the digital camra. Ya better help me, im worried sick here.

well first off, stop panicking. by the sounds of it they sound healthy enough - you've been feeding them and taking care of their eyes. bring them to a vet for a check-up and see what he says. in the meantime, keep them in a warm, safe environment. if you have any boxes lying around, pop them in there with some warm towels and just check up on them on a regular basis :)

Roisin said:
ok, they are outside in the straw, i'll be back in a minute, then id say. HAve to get batterys for the digital camra. Ya better help me, im worried sick here.
do you know if they were with their mother up to the point you got them?

probably should keep them warm somehow
ring a vet and ask will he check them out for cheap since there abandoned, they'll probably need anti-worm drugs

the kittens might be crying because they want you to clean them. you should ask the vet about this, but its my understanding that young kittens cannot go to the toilet unless their mother is licking their bums..

i actually am a Vet, you need to give them aspirin and let them sleep in a small box lined with tinfoil.

Tomorrow morning, drop them into a bath of ice water, if they float they are evil and you have to kill them, if they drown, they're nice. Pity.

eyelish said:
the kittens might be crying because they want you to clean them. you should ask the vet about this, but its my understanding that young kittens cannot go to the toilet unless their mother is licking their bums..

yeah i remember we had do do this with tiny kittens whose mom died. (rub with tissue or damp cotton wool not lick!) you are sure they're abandoned arent you? you know that cats often have their litter somewhere and leave and come back again? sorry - i guess you are but just in case! even if.. i don't suppose a mom would take them back once they'd been handled etc. so it's arbitary - they're yours now. read this - and do a search - i'm sure there's loads more. good luck x

Fair play for taken them in and keeping them, We have about 12 wild cats next to where I work and I feed them chicken balls from the job ;]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back