For the suckers (like me) who have Ire v Ger tics (1 Viewer)

I'm beyond ever understanding the logic of some of Staunton's decisions but what the fuck was Joey O'Brien doing in midfield when in Liam Miller, we had a recognized and in-form premiership midfielder on the bench. What the fucking fuck?

I'm beyond ever understanding the logic of some of Staunton's decisions but what the fuck was Joey O'Brien doing in midfield when in Liam Miller, we had a recognized and in-form premiership midfielder on the bench. What the fucking fuck?

And Darren Potter and John O'Shea who are by no means the greatest but at least have experience in that position :confused::confused:

i went too, John O' Shea should retire. He has zero commitment to any ball.
Even Shay Given was a weak presence tonight, R. Keane is also an embarrassment, moreso because of how he plays week in week out with Spurs
Not one positive to take from the game. The booing was deafening though.

When Cyprus scored I texted my mate and said "YEEEEESSSSSS!!! CYPRUSSSSS!!!!!". That's how much I wanted them to win to ensure that Staunton gets sacked. He better fucking be gone tomorrow!

The one positive: If you're like me you can still get a bit of pleasure taking the piss out of that shite!

abysmal. i cheered when cyprus scored. there's no way he would be in a job right now if we'd lost, but he's bought himself days, only. i wish he'd be a fucking man and admit he's made mistakes.

i really dont think the fai would have gotten rid of him regardless of the result, and also like the lads said on rte last night, why would he quit ? He may as well wait till he gets the boot and collect his payoff!

The players look totally demoralised. They don't look like they're enjoying playing for their country which is the ultimate indictment of stan's management. The only games we played half decent in the group were 'backs to the wall'/nothing to lose affairs. When the team had to take the initiatiave tacticially, they were completely inept. I feel sympathy for the players in such a situation.

The players look totally demoralised. They don't look like they're enjoying playing for their country which is the ultimate indictment of stan's management. The only games we played half decent in the group were 'backs to the wall'/nothing to lose affairs. When the team had to take the initiatiave tacticially, they were completely inept. I feel sympathy for the players in such a situation.
it's clear you can't blame the players (except john oshea), joey o'brien is not a central midfielder. he can't be blamed for being muck. andy keogh is way out of his depth, that's not his fault, his manager should see that. stan can talk the talk about bringing in the younger players and all that guff, but outside of the tour to america, who has he brought in? with long, doyle and hunt getting their game in the premiership, that was a no brainer, but given, finnan, dunne, o'shea, kilbane, reid, mcgeady, carsley, keane, elliott, duff, miller were all there already. who has he brought in? darron gibson? johnathan douglas? stephen keyy, at left back? these players are not ready for international football. in the end he has paul mcshane, and he's been responsible for every goal we've conceded in this tournament, and stephen ireland, and he's had a mental breakdown. what has he achieved? what can he point to? how can he say he's done anything? he has to go, he has to.

paul mcshane, and he's been responsible for every goal we've conceded in this tournament .

you'd imagine mcshane would have learned to stop going into challenges hes not going to win the ball out of...but no...arriving late and boning people on the half way line etc...that fuckin really gets my goat...as for oshea...he never arrives at all. gowl.

mcgeady would make a superb figure skater. in fact he'd be a superb footballer if you didnt have to score goals. how many times to he ghost past players then fail to deliver anything that resembled a pass or cross to his own team mates? sake.

as for robbie keane. who can understand whats happening there? would a new manager take the captaincy from him and hope it serves as a kick in the arse for him?

i cheered finnans goal for one reason. not cos hes from limerick, not cos he plays for liverpool but for the fact he fuckin well deserved it on the night as he was by far the best player on the pitch.

stans brilliance was summed up when he threw kilbane in centreforward in a search for the equaliser. i saw the goal at the match...not on tv....so please please tell me kilbane didnt have a hand in the goal?

making keane captain was his first mistake. dunne's yer man. leads by example. keane has scored 3 times in this tournament. all against san marino. and he hasn't scored against quality opposition since the world cup. and remember his haul in that qualifying campaign? was it one or two?

Keane looks burnt out at international level. He has competition at spurs to keep him on his toes; not so for ireland when he's first on the teamsheet even when he's playing muck.

When was the last time he had competition for his place? 2000? For a confidence player like keane, that sort of stalemate situation leads to stagnation. It doens;t help that he has the captaincy either, when he's not captain material.

it's time himself and o'shea got booted til they cop on. they're worse than shite.

Keane is a wee wanker with no fucking composure whatsoever. And he's also about 1/4 as good as he thinks he is.
As Trev points out, McGeady continually does all the hard work, then fucks it up at the last minute. He seriously needs to learn how to produce an end product. He does the exact same at Celtic, takes it round 3 people and then puts it out for a throw.
O'Shea is a goat.
McShane is just a comedy defender. Again, no composure at all.
Kilbane was too slow for international football 2 years ago. Why is he still playing?

There was a brilliant shot last night just after Cyprus scored the goal. They were showing Stan on the touchline shouting at people in that completely ineffectual manner of his, but when you looked in the background you could see Stephen Hunt, who'd just come off, and he was just sitting staring at Stan. The look on his face, you could just tell he was thinking "How the fuck did they make you manager??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back