Food not bombs at RTS (1 Viewer)

mazzyianne

Website
Visit site
Was thinkin it would be a good idea to do a Food Not Bombs at RTS on the 22nd. John McC said he'd be up for it so if anyone else would like to lend a hand get in touch. I dont know how we'd get enough bowls n spoons n all to feed everyone, any ideas? The food bit shouldnt be a problem really i reckon, skip some and ask fruit n veg markets or summat. Ideas n help welcome.

a bit late for something of that magnitude at this stage, no?

tell me what to do... im in work friday and saterday tho. talk to the leinster square gaff cuz i remember talking to them about this before. i think i already agreed to such a thing, should it go ahead.....

Fckn nice one. Hope it works out alright. You should go to all the warehouses between Smithfield Square and Capel Street and tell them you’re feeding the homeless or something. Most of them will give you a big bag of carrots or something. Unfortunately disposable paper plates and plastic cutlery are probably your best bet for serving up on, which sucks, but if this is a one-off (or just the beginning of something more regular...) it isn’t worth the investment required for more reusable plates and stuff. My recommendations are to keep it simple as possible the first time and then get more ambitious. If you just serve cold food like salads and bread then you don’t have the hassle of reheating food on the street, or trying to keep it warm. There’s loads of resources on the internet about how to do this properly, go find ‘em! Most importantly get a core group of a couple of good people who’ll share the workload so one or two pepole are overloaded and get stressed out and then swear to never do it ever again. I did this a few years ago fairly unsuccessfully, ask Lyncher about it. Good luck. sxean

Good idea. How about hobo style newspaper as plates and wooden cocktail sticks. Just make everything sausage shaped and you're sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back