FOOD NOT BOMBS GALWAY (1 Viewer)

ri tarado

Let me repeat myself - this Sunday, 2pm in the Eyre Square, you are welcome to come and enjoy some vegan pancakes with few optional vegan fruit fillings. Hopefully, there will also be some nice fruit salad and home-made lemonade (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemonade <-- u.s.a. description :)).
And of course, pancakes is just a cover for our brainwashing crusade. Get ready to be converted to the punkrock church by reprinted crimethinc zines ('wasted indeed', 'dropping out', 'art of politics') and various anti-something flyers (shit, forgot about pro-something ones :)).

To be more serious, people who would be interested in getting involved and being initiative are very very welcome. Now we have a nice set of equipment - two portable gas cookers, a big 3x3 w/ 3 side panels gazebo and i'm getting catering equipment from work. So, basically, what we need to move forward is to get more people involved, get a good name (for getting food donations. i've been in the veg-market, but all i got is some unclear promises "we'll see... maybe..." and lots of mistrust, not to talk about private shops - "NO.". i e-mailed to the galway independet about all this stuff, we'll see if they'll come to do the coverage [if they don't, i'll write it myself and try to get it printed] - i guess publicity would help a lot. anyway, for this event all that we are getting for free is, hopefully, some fruits/veg, everything else had to be bought.) and get this shit going on weekly.

AND, i've just thought of that - if you play some music instrument and want to perform for pancake eating crowd - come and do it. noise is nice.

AND, if you have some zines or records or stuff that you want to share for some kind of ideological or perversive reasons - that'll be a good place to do that.

Oooook, good night and go defeat satan or jesus or whatever http://www.adultswim.com/games/biblefight/game.swf .

Burn Every Liquor Store, And Replace Them With Playgrounds!

It's no exaggeration to say that alcohol has played a key role in the epidemic of fascism, racism, statism, imperialism, colonialism, sexism and patriarchy, class oppression, religious superstition, and all the other products of hierarchal authority that has swept the earth over the past few mellenia.

I swung by on my break from work, stood inline for the pancake, had to go back so didn't get one, bit of music would've livelend things up a bit i'd say, didn't get to talk to anyone either, it was all very subdued when we walked up. but 'ey, good cause and all, kudos

Burn Every Liquor Store, And Replace Them With Playgrounds!

It's no exaggeration to say that alcohol has played a key role in the epidemic of fascism, racism, statism, imperialism, colonialism, sexism and patriarchy, class oppression, religious superstition, and all the other products of hierarchal authority that has swept the earth over the past few mellenia.

you say satanism like it's durty

it doesn't say satanism there, anyway i didn't write that, what do you take me for??
satanism is as stupid as any other religion....the music is obviously much better though.

lighten up, have a beer, I was just commenting on the ism fetish...*agrees about the (some of) music*... and I take you for a nooly, shoot me

yeah but like i said, i didn't write that, it's one of the crimethinc writings mentioned above. i posted it to take the piss. i am generally known to be fond of a drink. people rarely advise me to have a beer.

Good day.
To answer the question, it went not too bad at all. We started cooking at ~2.15pm and started packing up at ~5.20pm. Nobody counted how many pancakes we gave away exactly, but approximately it would be a lot;). Of course, there were minor problems - we didn't expect that the cookers we have are so slow. Actually, they were so slow because of the wind - it was just blowing the fire away, so 1 pancake took like 4 mins or so, sometimes maybe less. And we couldn't keep the tent with closed sides to protect the cookers, 'cause like 5 mins after we put it up (with 2 walls only), it was blown away like a fuckin' parachute. And, lack of short, loud and clear info about what the hell is that food not bombs thing after all. Doh.
Anyway, we had few people that volunteered for next actions, so that's good - we are growing. Now in plans we have making a public meeting for establishing a firm activist group of FnB this Sunday (more info t.b.a.) and then switching to doing this weekly hopefully, if not - every second week.
Thanks everyone for coming and supporting!

Anyway, we had few people that volunteered for next actions, so that's good - we are growing. Now in plans we have making a public meeting for establishing a firm activist group of FnB this Sunday

Firsy Eyre Square....then THE WORLD!! muaahahahaha.

Anyway, we had few people that volunteered for next actions, so that's good - we are growing. Now in plans we have making a public meeting for establishing a firm activist group of FnB this Sunday (more info t.b.a.) and then switching to doing this weekly hopefully, if not - every second week. Thanks everyone for coming and supporting!
nice wan, as I said before, I'm up for getting involved... and I'm a chef so maybe I can help on the pancake speed, lolz. am working this sunday but let me know waht the craic is after your meet, and if I can help I'll try to, so will the missus she said

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back