POSTER PRINTING COURSE at Belfast Print Workshop (1 Viewer)

scrawlzine

Website
www.scrawled.co.uk
POSTER PRINTING COURSE at Belfast Print Workshop
Tutor : Glyn Smyth
4 weeks / 6-9pm
£115 / 4 places
Wed 1st September - Wed 29th September (skipping week of 22nd September)

"This is a new course to Belfast Print Workshop that will give young bands or designers the opportunity to print their own graphic poster to promote themselves. The class is limited to 4 people so you will recieve a more intense tuition.

Ideally those, those interested should have some knowledge of graphic design, and a basic knowledge of Photoshop would be helpful though not mandatory. Within the course you will be guided through the design and printing of a three colour print. The creation of hand-crafted, limited edition posters is a welcome opportunity for modern designers to get their hands dirty, and potentially create an enduring and desirable artifact!"

For further information and details of dates and times please contact the Workshop Manager Jessica Hollywood - [email protected]
Telephone : 028 90231323

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi - bit late in advertising this, but thought that this may appeal to bands / other designers who come on here. Some of you may be familiar with my work already, though these days it tends to be mainly for metal / hc bands and the like.(Check out scrawled.co.uk).

However, it is my hope that this course attracts other people with their own aesthetic / ideas - the intention is for me to demonstrate basic screenprinting techniques and aid you in the design and printing of your own poster. Since so much modern design ends up simply being on screen, or reduced down to CD size, I've always found poster printing very satisfying in that you get to create a tactile, piece of art which has the handcrafted feel you don't get with purely digital work. For bands in particular, the ability to print your own merch can be an invaluable skill!

If interested please contact Jessica at Belfast Print Workshop (details above) who is responsible for booking all courses. Also, please feel free to forward this to any other people who may be interested!

Thanks
Glyn Smyth

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back