Food for wankers (1 Viewer)

I'm with Snaky on this one. It's not the fault of the guys behind the counter in Starbucks (although some are alarmingly smug given that all they do is pour coffee for a living), it's the terminology they force you to engage with. It's not Small, Medium or Large anymore, it's Tall, Grande and Venti.
Even in O'Briens you have to ask for a 'Shambo' or a 'Toostie'.

I mean............... FOR FUCKS SAKE!

I do enjoy a hazelnut latte though but I am well aware that it is milky coffee and pure-chemical syrup.

And foodie-types really annoy me. They like saying how much they love Feta. Fuck feta, I say! It's crumbly mank.

It's far from feta and olives they were reared!

kirstie said:
I completely object to the over-complication of coffee these days. Would you all ever fuck away off with yourselves and take your fucking chai lattes with you. Just give me a cup of black coffee with a splash of cold milk. don't fucking ask me if I want full fat, half fat, skimmed or steamed. JUST GIVE ME THE CUP I ASKED FOR AND LET ME DRINK IT BEFORE TOO MUCH MORE OF MY LIFE IS WASTED ANSWERING POINTLESS QUESTIONS.

Larry: I'll have a vanilla... one of those vanilla bullshit things. You know, whatever you want, some vanilla bullshit latte cappa thing. Whatever you got.
What's in this latte?
Starbucks employee: Milk and coffee.
Larry: Oh my god. Milk and coffee. I never would have thought of that. That's so brilliant.

O'Brien's are another source of my ire.

TOOSTIE - what is this? That ad for wine gums? HOOTS MAN, THERE'S HAM N CHEESE LOOSE ABOOT THIS HOOSE.

Oh O'Brien's, FACK OFF.

Wilbert said:
I'm with Snaky on this one. It's not the fault of the guys behind the counter in Starbucks (although some are alarmingly smug given that all they do is pour coffee for a living), it's the terminology they force you to engage with. It's not Small, Medium or Large anymore, it's Tall, Grande and Venti.

I do enjoy a hazelnut latte though but I am well aware that it is milky coffee and pure-chemical syrup.

And foodie-types really annoy me. They like saying how much they love Feta. Fuck feta, I say! It's crumbly mank.

It's far from feta and olives they were reared!

kirstie said:
O'Brien's are another source of my ire.

TOOSTIE - what is this? That ad for wine gums? HOOTS MAN, THERE'S HAM N CHEESE LOOSE ABOOT THIS HOOSE.

Oh O'Brien's, FACK OFF.

Yeah they piss me off. I work beside the one at the top of dawson street, their bread is too thick and the staff can't speak english to save their lives.

I'm gonna head to the davenport hotel for lunch. I hear their €6 seafood chowder is only gorgeous.

apart from marketing jargon retard types 'branding' all their offerings what else pisses me off about them is the extreme scabbiness of their portion sizes - everything is cut up tiny and measured and nothing whatsoever is allowed to escape the sides of the bread. SCABBY OVERCHARGING BASTARDS.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Yeah they piss me off. I work beside the one at the top of dawson street, their bread is too thick and the staff can't speak english to save their lives.

I'm gonna head to the davenport hotel for lunch. I hear their €6 seafood chowder is only gorgeous.

kirstie said:
apart from marketing jargon retard types 'branding' all their offerings what else pisses me off about them is the extreme scabbiness of their portion sizes - everything is cut up tiny and measured and nothing whatsoever is allowed to escape the sides of the bread. SCABBY OVERCHARGING BASTARDS.

Do they honestly think people enjoy asking for a 'shambo'?

"Hi, i'm a saddo. Can i have a sausage, grated cheese and mayonnaise shambo please. Is a tenner enough?"

I've a good mind to email them and tell them that a shambo is urban slang for spitting on someones face during sex.

snakybus said:
That place beside the Central Hotel that's like a warehouse

Thats fallon & Byrne and its deadly.
Was in there on Thursday and they were playing the Trojan records "Lovers" Box Set (a lovely staff member told me)

I bought some fresh olives stuffed with almonds. Sorry, but they were really nice.

No, I am the reverse of pretentious. I only want yer basic cup of coffee, yet it's so fucking difficult to communicate that these days. I seem to spend my time saying 'may I have a cup of black coffee with some cold milk please' and then I have to explain it again, and again, that no, I don't want the milk frothed, I don't want it heated, I don't want a latte. Do these people not drink coffee themselves? Or ever make it at home? What is suddenly so hard about preparing a simple cup of coffee?

Oh and I do drink tea too, thankfully tea has not yet been starbucks-ised into ridiculously complicated permutations.

I had exactly this experience today. I asked for a cup of white coffee in a coffee shop on Aungier street. The girl behind the counter (some rude D4 bint) looked at me incredulously. I asked again for a cup of white coffee. Disbelief turned to disgust in her face. "Oeooh, you mean a latte?" she drawled. Now I don't know whether she was disgusted because anyone who's anyone knows that a white coffee is now referred to as a latte or because she thought I was using an antiquated term like white coffee in an attempt to confuse her. Either way, she wasn't too happy. I just said, "yes, a latte". I was in no mood to argue. But then I thought, a latte is a different drink. I should have made a point of it. But what's the point? :(

Its called The Crooked Wall Cafe or something similar. Its on Aungier Street. I thought it might be nice. But no.....it wasn't.

i went in there once - wasnt great. i had the €4.95 breakfast and if my memory serves me well (it mightnt) i wasnt allowed to have coffee with the breakfast - only tea. tea is fine but i prefer coffee. plain black coffee with no milk.

i want rep everyone who posted in this thread. good read.
i like very strong black coofee with a spash of milk. or a double espresso with a small bit of milk. often with with a spoon of sugar........

......i miss cigarettes.

Thats intensely annoying. Usually if you just keep saying 'normal. normal size' they give up and pour you a normal sized coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back