Food for wankers (1 Viewer)

No, I am the reverse of pretentious. I only want yer basic cup of coffee, yet it's so fucking difficult to communicate that these days. I seem to spend my time saying 'may I have a cup of black coffee with some cold milk please' and then I have to explain it again, and again, that no, I don't want the milk frothed, I don't want it heated, I don't want a latte. Do these people not drink coffee themselves? Or ever make it at home? What is suddenly so hard about preparing a simple cup of coffee?

Oh and I do drink tea too, thankfully tea has not yet been starbucks-ised into ridiculously complicated permutations.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Now whos pretentious?:rolleyes:

Your worse than that one in the kenco ads.

snakybus said:
like hell it is

the proper way is out of a tin cup beside a fire, outside, and it should taste like mud

Why not lash out the fulacht fia while you're at it.

This thread has me thinking about colcannon.

anyway. it's just the service economy responding to the wealth. it needs differentiation to survive. now you know why posh people are uptight

I was in starbucks yesterday and they have grinders. I am totally getting me one when I get paid. Fuck bags of coffee, grindin' yer own beans is the way forward. For me.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Do you grind your own beans?

kirstie said:
I was in starbucks yesterday and they have grinders. I am totally getting me one when I get paid. Fuck bags of coffee, grindin' yer own beans is the way forward. For me.

I agree. Its gotta be a good thing.

I sure don't. I hate instant. I just like nice freshly brewed black coffee with a splash of cold milk. For the 30th time.

Be the Hokey said:
kirstie,
do you yearn for the days when you asked for coffee and got maxwell house?

no way hose

I like espresso with some (not foamy!) hot milk poured in on top - café au lait, if you will, or cafe con leche. You have to make it yourself, cos coffee shops don't seem to understand that hot milk doesn't necessarily mean foam

I'm not angry about it though, there are many many things I like that are not easy to come by

Hey Snaky you and John-out-of-Stoat should join forces to bitch about pretentious food, he even thinks cherries are a bit suspect

So I says to the waiter I says

"Excuse me, I think this egg is off"

he replied

"It cant be, I saw the dog laying it this morning"

Indeed, John Stoat is a collossus among men. But I don't blame the food, it's the pricks who think they're cosmo just because they know what a lychee is, or they've been to Marks and Spencer.

Offending pretentious places:
Donnybrook Fair
That place beside the Central Hotel that's like a warehouse
A few other places I can't think of now

I was Dunne and Crecenxi's with Snaky and he asked for a black coffe with milk and the mime artist behind the counter exploded with misunderstanding.

I was 25 before i found out that there are types of cheese.

I saw a DVD at the weekend called 'You, Me and Everyone we know' and the main guy in it looked like John Stoat. He even had the comedy gulp sized adam's apple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back