Folk Horror (3 Viewers)

another cool Lino print by this guy. Released today, given the day

Heading to London for this on Mayday

Well this was worth the trip. Great to see it I the big screen and hear Brit Eckland and others share their thoughts. There was a live band performing some of the songs. We also heard from Robin Hardys two sons one of whom could barely conceal his resentment of the abuse/neglect he felt he got growing up. He even asked for a show of hands from the audience for those who have daddy issues. The brothers are creating a documentary called Wickermania. if I didn't know better I'd suspect it was a Hoax perpetrated by Reese Shearsmith, which was also a guest . On a toilet break, my brother met David pinner, the author of Ritual, on which the Wickerman was based. I'd like if they'd included him among the guest speakers.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well this was worth the trip. Great to see it I the big screen and hear Brit Eckland and others share their thoughts. There was a live band performing some of the songs. We also heard from Robin Hardys two sons one of whom could barely conceal his resentment of the abuse/neglect he felt he got growing up. He even asked for a show of hands from the audience for those who have daddy issues. The brothers are creating a documentary called Wickermania. if I didn't know better I'd suspect it was a Hoax perpetrated by Reese Shearsmith, which was also a guest . On a toilet break, my brother met David pinner, the author of Ritual, on which the Wickerman was based. I'd like if they'd included him among the guest speakers.
Would have been cool to get the Pinner insight. Haven’t they always denied that the movie was based or influenced by Ritual?
I will be in London for the Barbican thing in June. Considered heading over for this but decided not to bother.

Sounds as though it’s just the movie and the recorded version of what you were at.
Would love to see the movie on the big screen however, never have. Is it getting some sort of release this year, given the anniversary?

I wish I'd booked more time off and was richer. I'd like to have gone to this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sounds as though it’s just the movie and the recorded version of what you were at.
Would love to see the movie on the big screen however, never have. Is it getting some sort of release this year, given the anniversary?
The camera guy was not happy at the amount of people walking through his shot during the whole thing. I don't think he gave enough thought to where he positioned himself. I'm curious to see how he might creatively edit what he got.

I must watch the wicker man again. Its been years.
I know I liked it but tbh its never been a favourite.
That may change.

IFI have a showing this month too. Hopefully the Lighthouse do one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back