The Wicker Man
The Wicker Men
The Wicker Man 3
The Wicker Man Resurrection
The Wicker Man Vs Predator
The Wicker Man Vs Predator 2: Requiem
Wicketheus
The Wicker Man Covenant

With Serkis being involved I wonder if we'll see a Wickerman rampaging about like a building sized Groot.

I’ve been thinking of this, and I know they’ve made a shite anthology thing from the Books of Blood but an anthology show where they do different adaptations of short stories by various authors would be great - MR James, Shirley Jackson, Clive Barker, Robert Aickman, etc. could be great. Just don’t get the American Horror Story lad as his style is done to death.

The Wicker Moose

220837333f621004c408543c37c7def3--stick-figures-land-art.jpg

I’ve been thinking of this, and I know they’ve made a shite anthology thing from the Books of Blood but an anthology show where they do different adaptations of short stories by various authors would be great - MR James, Shirley Jackson, Clive Barker, Robert Aickman, etc. could be great. Just don’t get the American Horror Story lad as his style is done to death.
Mike Flanagan is pretty much doing this. Haunting of Hill House, The Haunting of Bly Manor (Turn of the Screw) and Fall of the House of Usher is next

Mike Flanagan is pretty much doing this. Haunting of Hill House, The Haunting of Bly Manor (Turn of the Screw) and Fall of the House of Usher is next
They’re full series though, I’m thinking something shorter where each episode covers a short story. Those full series go on too long and sap all the dread out of the stories. Black Mirror but goth basically.

I liked the ideas in this more than the execution which was a bit amateurish. Ideas were interesting though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What in the the sweet mother fuck is this???

Childrens program? Fucking terrifying looking.

Over in London for a few days. Went to see a screening of the Ballad Of Tam Lin last night. (I’d never heard of it until I saw the listing). Elements of what we bladder on about as being folk horror feature in it. Ian mcshane starred in it. He was there introducing it and doing a Q&A with Stewart Lee. Excellent evening. Very funny Q&A. Pentangle feature in the music of the movie throughout. At one stage Jacque Mcshee piped up from the crowd to give some clarity on a music related question.

The event was put on by the deeper into movies guys and also a zine called Weird Walk. The weird walk link is what brought my attention to it. Worth checking out their publications. Only 5 over about 3 years. Only picked them up over the last 6 months or so. Nicely presented, interesting English folk and culture/hiking zine

Over in London for a few days. Went to see a screening of the Ballad Of Tam Lin last night. (I’d never heard of it until I saw the listing). Elements of what we bladder on about as being folk horror feature in it. Ian mcshane starred in it. He was there introducing it and doing a Q&A with Stewart Lee. Excellent evening. Very funny Q&A. Pentangle feature in the music of the movie throughout. At one stage Jacque Mcshee piped up from the crowd to give some clarity on a music related question.
Blather. 🤦🏻‍♂️ The shame

10 Barnes St, Providence, Rhode Island:
9356E8EF-6B12-4915-A4C8-94C0F581CA5E.jpeg

You could call this the birthplace of weird fiction, it was HP Lovecraft’s home for 7 years and he wrote most of his best stories here. I was over in Boston on business and took a day trip out to tour the town and get a feel for the landmarks he mentions in his stories. It was like a Bloomsday for nihilists. Except it was just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back