Fleet Foxes V Dan Deacon (1 Viewer)

By the way, did anyone see a merch stand at their gig in Whelan's? Didn't see one in the usual place.
I was looking to buy the gate-fold double vinyl that includes the Sun Giant EP.

By the way, did anyone see a merch stand at their gig in Whelan's? Didn't see one in the usual place.
I was looking to buy the gate-fold double vinyl that includes the Sun Giant EP.
Aye, saw a merch stand over at the left hand side of the stage. This was just after Beach House had finished so it was all their stuff on display. Moved elsewhere for Fleet Foxes so I'm not sure if that's where it was set up for the night or what. Anyone else get particularly resentful looks when trying to make their way back from a piss? Way more so than usual. One lad looked like he wanted to throttle me.

Aye, saw a merch stand over at the left hand side of the stage. This was just after Beach House had finished so it was all their stuff on display. Moved elsewhere for Fleet Foxes so I'm not sure if that's where it was set up for the night or what. Anyone else get particularly resentful looks when trying to make their way back from a piss? Way more so than usual. One lad looked like he wanted to throttle me.

If you were talking while you were walking back it was probably me.

Wasn't me so. Yeah serious ammount of tutting, but where i was was the worst spot every 2 seconds somone was pushing into me and my missus it was really fucking annoying. Whelans really needs to sort its shit out regarding the toilet access and setup.

There was also some really chatty, noisey, irritating fuckhead behind me. Unbelievably irritating. I wish i was a more relaxed person.

There was also some really chatty, noisey, irritating fuckhead behind me. Unbelievably irritating. I wish i was a more relaxed person.

it's not you that needs to relax, (i've always been of the opinion that) it's the noisy pricks at gigs who need to seriously shut the fuck up.

it's not you that needs to relax, (i've always been of the opinion that) it's the noisy pricks at gigs who need to seriously shut the fuck up.

Good point, they should be physically ejected. Hard!

Ha, I thought I was alone in this. Gig-going is possibly my number one past time (six gigs in six nights last week), yet I've started to notice that part of me is suffering through the experience.

It's moments like the above, getting stuck beside talkers in a cramped Whelan's, that make me feel neurotic, that there may actually be something wrong with me for not only noticing these things but allowing them to threaten my enjoyment of the gig.

I was standing on the steps at Lykke Li and there was a guy in front of me who decided that he wanted the space entirely to himself, despite arriving there after me. So he just kept edging backwards, leaning back on to me until it became both physically uncomfortable and looked like we were in some sort of gay embrace. I mean what the hell?

Saying that, the audience at Fleet Foxes were a surprisingly older crowd and seemed pretty reverential where I was standing.

They should employ someone to go around with an electric cattle prod and zap the chatty fuckers. I'll do it.

I'll help.

As regards toilets, either Whelans needs to start handing out nappies or it needs to start being socially acceptable to take your knob out and piss into an empty cup/beer bottle (I don't what women can do) because it was horrible at that gig. I was at the very front on the left and every sup of beer I took I couldn't enjoy as I knew it was going to make me have to barge my way to the jacks sooner and sooner. After my piss I didn't bother buying another beer because I wasn't arsed doing it again.

I was following the pack
all swallowed in their coats
with scarves of red tied ’round their throats
to keep their little heads
from fallin’ in the snow
And I turned ’round and there you go
And, Michael, you would fall
and turn the white
snow red as strawberries
in the summertime

Sub Lime

Beach House and Fleet Foxes were brilliant. The harmonies were amazing alright. Great night altogether, money well spent.

This is typical shite for me. I only started listening to that Beach House album there last week and its the best thing I've heard in ages. Why the fuck could I not have heard them before they played here so I could go see them?

but then I'd have had the dilemma of whether to have missed Leonard Cohen for it, and that was about the best gig ever.

Just too much on.

But that Beach House album is quite something.

But that Beach House album is quite something.

They sound even better in the autumn. I know all the reviews allude to it but it's really true.

The Fleet Foxes album is a real grower. I was meh about a few tracks at first but I now realise that it's pretty much a flawless album from start to finish. Although I was at the gig I'd love to see them again soon now I know all the tracks real well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back