Fleet Foxes V Dan Deacon (2 Viewers)

There's nothing like a Dan Deacon gig, and High Places are innaresting too, there's a pleasing track of theirs on 20jfg today:

In ‘Vision’s the First’ they keep it astounding with a dizzying lullaby that rocks syncopated with the rhythm that Timbaland would have come up with if he had decided to leave all the bling behind and spend a couple of years meditating in a hut hidden by the shores of Walden Pond, gathering nuts, exchanging significant glances with blackbirds of impervious gaze, and generally living his life according to the cycles of nature, carefully attuning the mechanisms of a dusty 4-track recorder so as to pick the crystalline voices announcing the arrival of the spring, voices which sparkle beautiful to deliver a message of warning and disobedience.

There's nothing like a Dan Deacon gig, and High Places are innaresting too, there's a pleasing track of theirs on 20jfg today:

Yeah I was listening to their EP this afternoon and it's pretty good. The only thing I'm not completely sold about on that lineup is White Williams but I still like the latter half of his/their album too.

Fleet Foxes curfew is 10.30 according to Aikens so those of you going can still catch all of Dan Deacon + Jape. Stage times below.

DOORS OPEN 8.00

HIGH PLACES 8.30

WHITE WILLIAMS 9.15

DEERHUNTER 10.00

DAN DEACON 11.00

JAPE 12.00

you lucky people!! I have a wedding in Cork that day, otherwise I'd love to go :(
If anyone's interested, I have a live video of Fleet foxes in Berlin that's pretty good.

you lucky people!! I have a wedding in Cork that day, otherwise I'd love to go :(
If anyone's interested, I have a live video of Fleet foxes in Berlin that's pretty good.

Been listening to Fleet Foxes all week, I'm now salivating about this gig.

As regards Beach House, did they play much from their first album?
I'm hoping they're not sick of the songs off it by now. It's not fair they never toured it here in the first place.

I dunno about that Fleet Foxes album. I like the first couple of songs, especially the second one, but always turn it off after that.. my attention wanders... I don't think they're anywhere near as good as Grizzly Bear.

I dunno about that Fleet Foxes album. I like the first couple of songs, especially the second one, but always turn it off after that.. my attention wanders... I don't think they're anywhere near as good as Grizzly Bear.

I thought that at first but I've changed my mind. 5 and 6, Quiet Houses and He Doesn't Know Why. Just brilliant.

one song ;)

I took a rake of pics but they're all shit. Although I like this one as a proper photographer took a pic just as I was randomly taking one, and the light from his flash looks cool.

2574078000_de81460604.jpg

Fleet Foxes were brilliant. The singer played Crayon Angels by Judee Sill solo which I was thrilled at and then played a verse and a chorus of Jesus Was A Crossmaker for me :) Doesn't get much better than that.
Their harmonies were incredible, I didn't think it'd be possible to replicate the sound on the record but it was spot on, if not better. Seemed like thoroughly decent chaps too.

My date was late so I missed most of Beach House :mad:
Walking in to Whelan's while they were playing, it was so dark and with that organ sound, it kinda felt like walking in on some kind of medieval funeral or something. But in a good way. They sounded great for the three songs I caught anyway.

oh wow they played Jesus is a Crossmaker too? You lucky thing! They played Crayon Angels in Berlin (I suppose they're playing it in all their sets), it was fab to hear someone play a Judee song.
So glad they were brilliant :)

I called out for it and he played a verse and a chorus. Very well I might add considering he was struggling to remember how to play it. Then he launched in to There's a Rugged Road, just for a second for a joke, said something about "we could be here all night" and laughed.

I was thinking though, I'd gladly go see someone play Judee Sill all night, they're such great songs.

Managed to see both Beach/Fleet Foxes and Dan Deacon/Jape. Entertaining night all round. Kudos to the Leagues and the Foggy crew - a job well done!

Beach House and Fleet Foxes were brilliant. The harmonies were amazing alright. Great night altogether, money well spent.

Managed to see both Beach/Fleet Foxes and Dan Deacon/Jape. Entertaining night all round. Kudos to the Leagues and the Foggy crew - a job well done!

Fleet Foxes/Beach House was an Aikens gig so fair play to Leagues and Brian Bradley was putting on Dan Deacon and Jape late and ensuring people could get to both

Is richie wearing that moustache for a bet?

i just logged on to say how much i love Fleet Foxes.

though - does anyone notice a slight similarity to Düngen? a little bit? I do. but I'm fine with that, because I love the latter too.

But back to Fleet Foxes - how annoyed am I to have missed this gig. Have no doubt they'll be back at some stage soon though. I'm going to wear the life out of this record. It's great. Their harmonies give me me lovely goosebumps.

:)

Yay another fan :)

I was on their myspace the other day, and they're supporting Wilco on a few dates - they seem to be blown away by the interest in them!

From their calendar: (read the comments about each gig)
RED BUTTE GARDEN W/ WILCO !!!!! (WTF?????)[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20 Aug 2008[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT]EAGLE KNOLL WINERY w/ WILCO (How did we get here, seriously, what is going on)[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BOISE, ID[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21 Aug 2008[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT]INB ARTS CENTER W/ WILCO !!! (Still flabbergasted)[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SPOKANE, WA[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]23 Aug 2008[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT]LES SCHWAB AMPHITHEATER W / WILCO !!!! (Shock, disbelief)[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BEND, OREGON[/FONT]

aww!
Although in a few of their blogs they've mentioned the media and they don't seem to be happy they're being hyped up. It's a two edged sword really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back