Film Cliches (1 Viewer)

Computers in movies are always great.
No typos.
Everyone says what they're typing (although I do tend to mouth my password to Banking 365 as I type it, so I guess this is kind of true).
Every computer in the world can access every other computer in the world.
My favourite computers-in-movies movie is Antitrust. So killer. And it's got the fantastic line "In the real world when you kill people, they die."

THRILLHO said:
Computers in movies are always great.
No typos.
Everyone says what they're typing (although I do tend to mouth my password to Banking 365 as I type it, so I guess this is kind of true).
Every computer in the world can access every other computer in the world.
My favourite computers-in-movies movie is Antitrust. So killer. And it's got the fantastic line "In the real world when you kill people, they die."

ha, of in films the involve some type of computer hacking theres always a "mainframe" to be hacked into using a "back door" of some sort.

Cops can never track a guy they're after on the phone. The guy will always hang up 1 second before they get a fix, or the signal will be going through about 50 different satellites. They should just not bother and spend the money on setting elaborate traps at funerals, then they would catch the guy. Because the guy they're after can always watch a police funeral from a distance without ever being noticed.

on the subject of showers, people get in to wash themselves but never use any products like soap or shampoo, nothing.
scary films - they always run in the wrong directions - up a fucking stairs to climb onto a roof and then down a drain-pipe

montage
thematic scores
characters
scripts
sound effects
narratives
dialogue
visual effects
shot/reverse shot
three point lighting.

i could go on!

hahahahaha!
ReadySteadyJedi said:
In movies, everyone does anal.

Edit: wait, what kinda movies we talking here?

The cop boss guy is always irish or black...... still waiting for a black irish one....

the guns always fire more bullets then they can hold, until they actually really really need to shoot then theres none left

grenades never go off until the person runnin away magically jumps in the air just as it explodes

Note: If anyone has already mentioned the above, fuck ya, i'm tired!!

hanley said:
ha, of in films the involve some type of computer hacking theres always a "mainframe" to be hacked into using a "back door" of some sort.
apparently in one of the matrix movies there's a legit SSH exploit hack used. so there.

the bongo said:

BRT12030.jpg

tango.jpg

the compukers are always ten times more advanced, and make these high tech whizzing and beeping noises that real compukers dont.

and when people go to restaurants, they never eat their food.

and when people fall into water or get wet, they dry spectacularly fast.

oh, and when there's some terrorist attack there's always an ex-cop or over-qualified civilian who takes matters into his own hands and saves the world.

for people who watch films with a fine tooth comb looking for errors, visit www.nitpickers.com

In movies, when hitherto good folks do bad things, they generally either see the error of their ways and everyone forgives them or they lose an eye in some horrible (but karmic) accident and turn super evil.

The one I love has already been (partially) mentioned. It's the one where someone on the other end of the phone hangs up and the person says "hello?" again and again but THEN they tap the thingy on the phone that hangs it up again and again saying "Hello?" and getting annoyed. When they realise that their constant hanging up hasn't brought the person back they hold the phone in front of their face and look at it before hanging up properly.

I also love how in films like Kill Bill (thinking of the Crazy 88 fight here) and the big fight scenes in Crouching Tiger where it's one person against dozens. The gang always tend to queue up one at a time to fight the individual. Look at the crazy 88 fight and look at the ones that Uma isn't fighting, they are just standing their shouting, waiting for their turn. You would think one of them would just chop here head off from behind while she was fighting another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back