Film Cliches (2 Viewers)

snakybus said:
I can't think of any film where a dorky girl takes off her glasses and reveals her beauty

I think it's a cliche that that's a cliche

I can only think of Brewster's Millions at the mo - there's a good few others though...

Catwoman said:
I can only think of Brewster's Millions at the mo - there's a good few others though...

Yeah I was trying to think of ones where it happens. I KNOW I've seen loads with it. Does it happen in clueless with Brittany Murphy. Not exactly with glasses but don't they do her up for a dance or something and she's all hot and stuff?

Wilbert said:
they are just standing their shouting, waiting for their turn. You would think one of them would just chop here head off from behind while she was fighting another one.

it's about honour, Wil

if you were a chinaman you'd understand

chutneyfarmer said:
Yeah I was trying to think of ones where it happens. I KNOW I've seen loads with it. Does it happen in clueless with Brittany Murphy. Not exactly with glasses but don't they do her up for a dance or something and she's all hot and stuff?

shes_all_that_poster_0001_small.jpg

When a person is annoyed at somebody or disappointed they turn their back to them while the offender tries to apologies while talking to the back of them. See pretty much every episode of Eastenders. That shit NEVER happens in real life.

nlgbbbblth said:
more common of tv drama/soaps but the guy's stag party is always the night BEFORE the wedding.

If yr poor and come from a bad bad neighbourhood all yr dreams will magically come through by meeting a positive teacher/coach character. See- friday night lights, dangerous minds, sister act 1 and 2, coach carter, mr hollands opus repeat ad nausem!

...ending with the reformed character getting shot/stabbed just as he is getting out of the "bad" neighbourhood!

cpr said:
If yr poor and come from a bad bad neighbourhood all yr dreams will magically come through by meeting a positive teacher/coach character. See- friday night lights, dangerous minds, sister act 1 and 2, coach carter, mr hollands opus repeat ad nausem!

If you're uptight, your anger will reach a peak just as someone who embodies everything that irks you sits next to you in a restaurant/on a bus/plan/train. He will drive you nuts but due to some sort of wacky coincidence/mixup with car rental you will spend the next week or so with him, while you have some sort of family crisis. Just as you start to like him he will die. You will have new outlook on life.

See: most of the 80s/90s.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
If you're uptight, your anger will reach a peak just as someone who embodies everything that irks you sits next to you in a restaurant/on a bus/plan/train. He will drive you nuts but due to some sort of wacky coincidence/mixup with car rental you will spend the next week or so with him, while you have some sort of family crisis. Just as you start to like him he will die. You will have new outlook on life.

See: most of the 80s/90s.

I fucking love plane,trains and automobiles

I love the bit in Commando when Arnie jumps off the plane, then he looks at his watch to see how much time he has, and it's beeping and counting down the hours. Like, did he have his watch beeping the whole fucking time? Brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back