Film chat (10 Viewers)

What kind of home viewing set up do you lot have? I got me a projector the other week and I’m really excited to start using it.

60" Samsung
I've got a Sony receiver and bunch of speakers that I'm not really sure how to set up.

I'd love a projector. Will be very interested in how you go about setting it up.

60" Samsung
I've got a Sony receiver and bunch of speakers that I'm not really sure how to set up.

I'd love a projector. Will be very interested in how you go about setting it up.
Yeah, my current flat isn’t ideal for it tbh, but I’m planning a move soon. I’m setting it up in my bedroom until I move to a bigger place. Got a stand and a 90 Inch retractable screen. Just need to get some kick ass speakers and I’ll be in business.

Yeah, my current flat isn’t ideal for it tbh, but I’m planning a move soon. I’m setting it up in my bedroom until I move to a bigger place. Got a stand and a 90 Inch retractable screen. Just need to get some kick ass speakers and I’ll be in business.
Will a wall not do?

Instead of a screen like

My walls are off white.
Ok, cool.

My bedroom walls are yellow and I was going to use them anyway. Ha.
I guess I have low standards.

Maybe I could just skim coat and paint that particular wall white though. Would fuck with my deposit maybe.

So basically you'd need the projector and the DVD player next you you at the head of the bed, right?
Kind of the opposite of a TV set up?

Ok, cool.

My bedroom walls are yellow and I was going to use them anyway. Ha.
I guess I have low standards.

Maybe I could just skim coat and paint that particular wall white though. Would fuck with my deposit maybe.

So basically you'd need the projector and the DVD player next you you at the head of the bed, right?
Kind of the opposite of a TV set up?
I am planning to connect it to my laptop rather than a dvd player, but yeah. Going to stick it on this stand at the head of the bed Amazon product ASIN B00785DJU8

Unfortunately, I’ll be at a slight angle because it’s a small space but I think it should be fine. Looked at ceiling mounts but didn’t want to put a permanent fixture in the ceiling.

First film I’m going to watch on it is Days of Heaven.

Looked at ceiling mounts but didn’t want to put a permanent fixture in the ceiling.
A few screw holes should be no problem to repair

Your biggest problem will be finding the ceiling joists to get the screws into.
No way I'd use a stand.
What about a really high mounted shelf above the bed?

A few screw holes should be no problem to repair

Your biggest problem will be finding the ceiling joists to get the screws into.
No way I'd use a stand.
What about a really high mounted shelf above the bed?
My room is weirdly laid out, hard to describe without seeing it but I don’t think it was ever intended to be used as a bedroom. I really only have one wall I can use, and the bed is really jammed in there so moving it around isn’t a possibility. I got advice from a friend who uses a stand and he said it works a treat, but his is in his living room which is a much bigger space. I’ll try the stand and if that doesn’t work I may have to get the ceiling fixture, problem there is the light is bang smack where I’d need to put it to project onto the only good wall.

It's official, the Godzilla vs. King Kong movie is on the way.

Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures announced in a press release this afternoon their plans for the ambitious combined cinematic universe that began with 2014's "Godzilla" reboot and will continue with "Kong: Skull Island" in 2017, "Godzilla 2" in June 2nd 2018 and "Godzilla vs Kong" in 2020.

Other giant super-species along with Monarch, the human organization that uncovered Godzilla in the 2014 film, will all be involved in the projects. Which ones aren't clear but Legendary has acquired rights to additional classic characters from Toho's Godzilla universe including Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah.

Production on "Kong: Skull Island" begins next week.

Source: Legendary Pictures

There's a fucking glut of Gary Oldman films on the way

Actor Gary Oldman is divorced from his fourth wife - Independent.ie
Gary Oldman has agreed to pay his fourth wife a £2.2 million divorce settlement.

Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson, Andy Serkis, Mark Strong, Ben Medelsohn, Harry Treadaway, Jack Huston and Mark Hamill are set to lead the star-studded cast of the upcoming major video game title "Star Citizen".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Though frequently aligned, a film's quality and its rewatchability are hardly synonymous. There are plenty of great films that one only catches a few times in one's life, and others that get slipped onto the disc or media streaming player quite regularly. The same goes for bad films - some you'd never touch again, yet others you keep coming back to because there's something compelling about them.

Earlier this week, FiveThirtyEight decided to explore this question in an effort to figure out the most rewatchable movies of all-time. Using a SurveyMonkey Audience poll, they asked people to list the five films they consider the most rewatchable. With over 1,100 respondents voting in the results they got back were not unexpected:

Star Wars
The Wizard of Oz
The Sound of Music
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Gone with the Wind
The Godfather Films
The Princess Bride
The Shawshank Redemption
Harry Potter Film Series
It's A Wonderful Life
Forrest Gump
Grease
Dirty Dancing
Pulp Fiction
Titanic
The Lion King
Pretty Woman
Casablanca
The Matrix
The Notebook
Star Trek
Finding Nemo
Goodfellas
Pride & Prejudice
Caddyshack
The Avengers

The 25 Most Rewatchable Movies Of All Time

if someone simply entered “Star Wars” — as about 9 percent of respondents did — I’m not sure if that meant 1977’s Episode IV or the whole series

JESUS

That's a pretty bad list alright.
My most rewatched movies of the last 10 years are Thin Red Line, There WIll Be Blood and THe Master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back