Fibber Magee's Wants your band - PAYING GIGS (1 Viewer)

Thomas Brunkard

Website
www.thomasbrunkard.com
Fibber Magee's, Dublin's premier venue for the sale of intoxicants and the enjoyment of good old Rock 'n' Roll is actively looking for the best bands to entertain its clientel and help expand same customer base.

If you play your own music and have quite the following then you are invited to play our Wednesday night show to assess your draw and appeal in the context of a €3-a-drink promotion. If you can bring in the numbers and deliver the rock then you will be invited to play a fixture on a Saturday night where you will be rewarded financially for efforts.

This is a change from the regular Dublin approach in a top class venue. Carpe Diem and email me at [email protected] if you want in!

you're being pretty misleading here: you have to play for free on a wednesday for the chance of possibly getting a paying gig on a saturday?

bm1.jpg

it looks like this these days

dudes, I don't think your looking at this within the context of a €3-a-drink promotion

Its most likely Fosters or something equally as unpleasant that the brewery has given them a few kegs of on the cheap because they have being lying there for a while....Negative thinking I know but probably true.

Fibbers is a good venue now though even though all the beer garden has changed and the dungeon is gone..Saw firebird there a while ago and it ruled.

The idea of not paying a band that shows up with their own equipment etc is ridiculous.
If you play one of theose gigs you deserve to get ripped.

What if you're 18 and desperate for a gig and have been turned down by every venue in the city and Aidan Walsh is beginning to look like your only hope? Nobody should do these sort of shows but if you're young and anxious to play then I can understand why some bands end up learning the hard way. I wouldn't condemn them for it though.

The idea of not paying a band that shows up with their own equipment etc is ridiculous.
If you play one of theose gigs you deserve to get ripped.

Brian, remind me again of the venues that pay bands to play there.

a lot of the time, it depends on who's putting on the gig.

any gig i've ever been involved in organising that has had people paying into it, has had all bands paid something as a result.

playing a gig is work. work should be paid.

it shouldn't be some kind of scramble to be allowed to eventually get paid, possibly, down the road somewhere.

What if you're 18 and desperate for a gig and have been turned down by every venue in the city and Aidan Walsh is beginning to look like your only hope? Nobody should do these sort of shows but if you're young and anxious to play then I can understand why some bands end up learning the hard way. I wouldn't condemn them for it though.

you know for a fact Vinnie that there is plenty of gigs for young bands to play in Dublin.
An absolute abundance.I can list them if you want...

well how come Septic Pussy can't get a gig brian???

We talked about this Andrew and the masses are in agreement.
They need to clean up their image to make them more marketable.

Im more referring to expenses and bands not losing money to play than a salry or a set fee obviously.

We talked about this Andrew and the masses are in agreement.
They need to clean up their image to make them more marketable.

Im more referring to expenses and bands not losing money to play than a salry or a set fee obviously.

ive always tried to give bands a few bob, even if its only a few pints worth or a taxi home. Ive played enough gigs myself and gotten absolutely nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back