• Goatsnake

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Sunn 0)))

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Teeth of Lions Rule The Divine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brotherhood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(pretty sure there is none but if so specify)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

brianoak

Just pondering this after the Khanate gig and wondering why Southern Lord's best band Goatsnake is no longer together and all the shit they seem to be putting lately i.e. all that piss poor black metal.
Anyways Im obviously going with Goatsnake then Sunn 0))) then Engine Kid(better than slint).
Not really into Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine and havent really heard Brotherhood(straight edge hardcore band).

burning witch! you forget them
they're not my favourite - bad experience hearing them really ill with mad temperature for the first time
literally sick.
i'm goin with sunn mostly ont he basis of black one

MONDOBRUTALE said:
burning witch! you forget them
they're not my favourite - bad experience hearing them really ill with mad temperature for the first time
literally sick.
i'm goin with sunn mostly ont he basis of black one

Did he play in Burning Witch? I didn't think he did,I could easily be wrong though.
Teeth of Lions is probably my least favourite. Engine Kid is one of the most underrated bands ever.

or maybe he was...for a time:

BURNING WITCH rose from the ashes of THORR'S HAMMER in late 1995, a continuing collaboration of members Stephen O'Malley, Greg Anderson, and Jamie Sykes. G. Stuart Dahlquist entered the rank on bass adding a distinct characteral element to the already heavy, massive sound. With the addition of vocalist Edgy 59 the mold was broken, and a unique beast was berthed.

Shortly thereafter Anderson departed for LA to form his own notable GOATSNAKE project (whom G STUART DAHLQUIST also joined in 2000), but the WITCH became more and more defined, an aggresive soundscape of introversion, solitude, and paranoia.

??????/ who kares - good band

I'm curious now,because he doesn't play on the split cd with with Goatsnake(he plays in Goatsnake like but not Burning Witch)or the Towers 12". I don't have the other record though.
Just stuck on the Engine Kid "bear catching fish" lp,incredible. Reminds me of Bitch Magnet more than anything.

I knew I was missing some:rolleyes:

Hey do either of you dudes have anything by Karma to Burn?

Went with Sunn O))) but Goatsnake came close second.

I think I like Burning Witch more than all those bands though.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Went with Sunn O))) but Goatsnake came close second.

I think I like Burning Witch more than all those bands though.

Ppphhhllll.
Burning witch cant compare ciaran.

I went for goatsnake over sunn, haven't heard the others.

I spoke to Joe from orange goblin last xmas eve, said they were gonna play here this year, that obviously never happened, which is a shame.

went with other, thorrs hammer who are the business. runhild has such an increadable voice. nice to see karma to burn getting a mention, have wild,wonderfull pergitory. disgraceful how roadrunner treated them.

had to go with Sunn o))) on this one. Really didn't like the singer's voice in Goatsnake. Haven't heard the other groups in the poll though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back