favorites now (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter BC
  • Start date
  • Replies 76
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 4
Wobbler said:
Is the new Dalek stuff good? I saw them in TBMC about two years ago and they were really great but I haven't heard any of there stuu apart from that.

That one is from a few years back.
They're so much better on record than they are live.
Saw that show in the music centre too and thought it was rubbish.

Going by that logic I'll either think that their recorded stuff is even better than really great (if my standards are lower than yours) or else I won't like them at all (if my taste i different than yours).
By the way I was talking to a guy in the toilet at that gig. Said he was played live a bit , did a few nights with Decal an Bodkins and was hoping to bring a couple of records out in a while. He told me he used the name Americhord. Much later when the Americhord Ep came out in D1 I was pleased for him that he had put something out finally. I was very suprised to find out Americhord is female. Can you explain this?

I'm pretty sure the explanation is that the guy you were talking to was a chancer.

Must have been. Still it was a good 18 months before Americhord's debut ep came out. He could have pretended to be someone more well known and more male.

Wobbler said:
Must have been. Still it was a good 18 months before Americhord's debut ep came out. He could have pretended to be someone more well known and more male.

Maybe it was me being pissed and pretending to be my wife.

the current listening, though not necessarily favorites them all by any stretch:

missy elliott: the cookbook (worth it for "we run this" alone)
the hafler trio: the sea org (superb, the second track is all made out of bird sounds. was listening to it today walking down a road where birds were singing in the trees. one of the most confusing sonic experiences i have had in a long while)
mirror: shadows (a live album. more varied than their usual stuff, but still very blissful and subtle. beautiful)
andrew chalk: shadows from the album skies (superb, quiet contemplative stuff)
bark psychosis: hex (great in parts)
death in june: cathedral of tears (dire. embarrassingly bad)
tricky: angles with dirty faces (first time hearing it in years. thanks to you d. "mellow", "peyote sings" {reminds me of the heartbreaking "poems" from Nearly God}, "broken homes" and "tear out my eyes" are wonderful. the rest leaves me cold. i find the whole album a bit inconsistant. such a shame "anti histamine" wasn't included on it.)
throbbing gristle: live at goldsmith college, london (basically the "DOA" album done much better)
throbbing gristle: live at the factory, manchester (basically the "20 Jazz Funk Greats" album done much better)
captain beefheart: chickenham's 2cd comp
the monks: demos
faust: the faust tapes (amazing and inspiring)
soft pink truth: do you want the new wave or do you want... (great fun!)
labradford: self titled album and a stable reference (lovely in parts them both, but "mi media naranja" is still my favorite. the vocals dont do all that much for me, i must admit)
mnortham: a great and riverless ocean (a cd full of incredibly immersive and relaxing sound. brilliant)
a clockwork orange soundtrack (the carlos reworkings of beethoven i simply cannot tolerate very well, although they do make me laugh a little. the classical stuff - when its left alone - is excellent though: "the thieving magpie"!)
andrew liles: my long accumulating discontent (hit and miss, but mostly more hit than miss, and when its good its great)

favourite songs at the present:
swans-raping a slave
harry pussy-sex problem
jandek-white box
sole-dumb this down
his hero is gone-raindance
mc rock lovely-one time two time blow my mind
burning spear-shout it out

favourite records at the moment:
wolf eyes-dog jaw
hair police-obedience cuts
labyrinths and jokes (comp with mini systems,nautical almanac and andrew wk...rock!)
thrones-a day late, a dollar short
negativland-points
smegma-rumblings
melt banana-charlie

currently liking ok cowboy by vitalic loads, hate to say it but my advancing years are making me like the new st etienne and stuart staples records quite a lot also.

cherry tree and alligator by the national are bloody amazing. also, the low end theory by tribe called quest is creeping up there into all time classics.

songs:

pelican - sirius
kid blunt - slint blunt
mogwai - ratts of the capital
old man gloom - the volcano
the chariot - the company, the comfort, the grave
yo la tengo - sugarcube

albums:

elvis costello & the attractions - get happy!
far - bury white
idlewild - 100 broken windows
rest - burning in water, drowning in flame
...and i'm off down the shops to pick up the idiot pilot album i've ordered

Albums I listenind to loads when I was in America in the last two weeks

Thrones-Day Late Dollar Short
High on Fire-Blessed Black Wings
Wolf Eyes and Double Leopards-Bleeding Turbines 1 and 2
Mayhem-De Mysteris
The Locust- Safety Second Body Last
Converge-Petitioning the empty sky
Hair Police-Drawn Dead
Funeral Diner the Undedark
Wilco-Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Isis-Panopticon

Current Listening:

Albums:
Billy Bragg - Must I Paint You a Picture (Best Of)
Mastodon - Leviathan
Elliott Smith - Either/Or
Kiss - Alive II
Weezer - Blue/Pinkerton

Songs:
Bucky - Teenage Research
Beck - Lost Cause
Dillinger Escape Plan - Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants
Leadbelly - Good Morning Blues
Mastodon - Blood and Thunder
The Rentals - California
Mr. Bungle - Vanity Fair
The Meters - Cissy Strut
Woddy Guthrie - John Henry
Fugazi - Bed For The Scraping
Dwarves - Better Be Women

Put about a dozen Venetian Snares albums and EPs on me iPod a few days ago, been listening to them constantly ever since, and have no plans to stop.
The man is a genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back