FAS Work Placements (1 Viewer)

Antrophe

Hey, is anyone on this forum working as part of either of the two FAS work placements or been approached to go on the TUS scheme? I'm trying to collate some experiences on it for an article looking at the drawbacks of the scheme from the perspective of people on them.

Hey, is anyone on this forum working as part of either of the two FAS work placements or been approached to go on the TUS scheme? I'm trying to collate some experiences on it for an article looking at the drawbacks of the scheme from the perspective of people on them.

are you referring to the JobBridge and/or Springboard ones?

No FAS is an agency to help you get back to work, the dole is punk.

Yeah so the Jobsbridge think is the strategy to get people upgrading their skills and gaining experiences. It's split into two intern programmes, both of which from anything I've read are a load of contradictory nonsense. There's the WPP1 is for people who are graduates or have a FETAC 7. And then there's the WPP2 is for people who are just out of school.

Springboard is a separate thing, where by FAS or the welfare will cover you for courses to upgrade your skills in particular sectors. It's probably the thing that covers all them night courses that dole fiends do be on.

On a casual enough reading, Springboard makes total sense where as the JobsBridge thing contains so many contradictions and failings that its genuinely terrifying those in power think its a useful labour market strategy.

No FAS is an agency to help you get back to work, the dole is punk.

Yeah so the Jobsbridge think is the strategy to get people upgrading their skills and gaining experiences. It's split into two intern programmes, both of which from anything I've read are a load of contradictory nonsense. There's the WPP1 is for people who are graduates or have a FETAC 7. And then there's the WPP2 is for people who are just out of school.

Springboard is a separate thing, where by FAS or the welfare will cover you for courses to upgrade your skills in particular sectors. It's probably the thing that covers all them night courses that dole fiends do be on.

On a casual enough reading, Springboard makes total sense where as the JobsBridge thing contains so many contradictions and failings that its genuinely terrifying those in power think its a useful labour market strategy.

i am currently on a jobsbridge internship and if i put the wok in there'll most likely be a job in it for me in 6 months time. plus i get an extra 50 euro on top of my rent allowance and dole. and i dont have to sign on aswell. its also close to where i live and my boss is sound and i quite like it.

the lady in FÁS i talked to though in baggot street was pretty useless though

im currently on a tus work placement its bullshit i got bullied into doing it because if i refused they told me they will stop my dole.i dont do anything there and told the supervisor she was just pissing me off lol so now i got a meeting with them i also missed some days and they said they were going to reduce my wages but i dont know by how much until i have this meeting on monday hopefully its just 1 euro per hour as thats all they are paying me lol 19.5 hrs work for 20 euro extra pw if anyone knows how i can get off this placement pls post a reply

im currently on a tus work placement its bullshit i got bullied into doing it because if i refused they told me they will stop my dole.i dont do anything there and told the supervisor she was just pissing me off lol so now i got a meeting with them i also missed some days and they said they were going to reduce my wages but i dont know by how much until i have this meeting on monday hopefully its just 1 euro per hour as thats all they are paying me lol 19.5 hrs work for 20 euro extra pw if anyone knows how i can get off this placement pls post a reply

Sexually harass someone.

Sexually harass someone.

Going a bit far. Suggest that you have been bullied and that you have started to become depressed because you haven't been given meaningful work to do. Mention that you might take a case regarding this and that in the meantime you will go to the media about this. In particular mention the Joe Duffy Show.

Going a bit far. Suggest that you have been bullied and that you have started to become depressed because you haven't been given meaningful work to do. Mention that you might take a case regarding this and that in the meantime you will go to the media about this. In particular mention the Joe Duffy Show.

And somebody will have sympathy for this whiny prick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back