family guy- the film? (1 Viewer)

KITT said:
He dont like it thats ok. But he's actually sat down and done a serious analysis of why he doesnt like it. It seems to be a broad analysis as well which means even though he didnt like it he continued to watch just so he could moan about it some more. There must better things to do.
Eh, read back up the discussion.
nlgbbbblth actually *asked* me why I didn't like the show.

That's *why* I gave such a long reply...to answer the dude's question!

I promise in future to keep my reasons for having an opinion nice and short for you KITT.
I don't like the show.
How's that?

Knight Rider also sucks.

No you should express your opinion but having a go at knight rider now thats just being nasty.

rothko said:
Eh, read back up the discussion.
nlgbbbblth actually *asked* me why I didn't like the show.

That's *why* I gave such a long reply...to answer the dude's question!

I promise in future to keep my reasons for having an opinion nice and short for you KITT.
I don't like the show.
How's that?

Knight Rider also sucks.

youre all fools. The Critic was the best adult cartoon series. I still love family guy though.

The last few seasons of the simpsons were fucking terrible: compare anything from the past few years to the likes of Whacking Day.

"Knight Rider was crap"? what the fuck is wrong with you man?

i should have pointed out that family guy is the funniest show in years and i know every episode off by heart practically... maybe that wasnt too clear in my last post. i did prefer the critic tho.

rothko said:
Well, first of all, almost everything in Family Guy is derivative of other, better shows. And not just THE SIMPSONS, but PINKY AND THE BRAIN (Stewie, the little big-headed megalomaniac, is a direct ripoff of the Brain).

Second, the show uses references as a substitute for humour -- which is to say that they'll often refer to some '80s TV show or commercial and expect us to laugh just because we get the reference; there's rarely any satirical point being made about the shows it's supposedly "parodying."

Third, the show doesn't have much variety in its gags; the basics - sexual innuendoes, parodies, famous historical figures acting inappropriately - are repeated from show to show.

Fourth, the animation is truly terrible; the characters are inexpressive, stiff and immobile. Any episode of The Simpsons or King of the Hill has better animated "acting." And King of the Hill, often denigrated as the unfunny link in Fox's chain of animated shows, actually has character comedy, which means that it is funny even if you don't get a bunch of cheesy '80s references -- King of the Hill or the early Simpsons are genuuinely funny; Family Guy is fake funny, getting laughs by cheap means.

I hate this show

good points
1 - somewhat derivative yes - only in parts
2 - but the references are funny! and there's plenty caustic humour/asides regardless
3 - to an extent this is true; familiarity however breeds contentment [The Cramps album theory - if one's good they're all good]
4 - can't say I really noticed this, the animation sophistication levels don't really bother me

Sure as long as it's well written the animation could be done by three two year olds and it'd still be quality. The animation was never great on Johnny bravo either and that was savage (first season anyway, when Seth McFarlane was still doing some writing, the rest were a bit shite.)
Cow and Chicken was another well written but not very well animated one. Although it probably did give kids some strange ideas about genetics.

you've obviously never seen any of the fight sequences
Yeah- the sequence involving Peter battling a giant chicken who gave him a bad coupon is genius. And bad animation doesn't make a cartoon bad - South Park is a good example (actually, there are probably going to be more people around who hate that than Family Guy.. I think it's great, anyway).

thumbs up to family guy...watched the episode (from season 1 i think) with Speed Racer in it yesterday...hillarious

Apparently it was pulled because it was called Family Guy, and people expected it to be wholesome, christian fun...except that it wasnt (remember the "touched by an angel" interlude). and tons of people complained.

good to hear thats the show is on its way back

.|..|

yeah, for something that a lot of people would view as childrens entertainment the line "So, have any of you ladies ever been penetrated?" ain't not quite right.

If this were all the Family Guy writers ever managed to create, it would still kick the arse of most other shows. Up the hole.

Security Guard: Alright son, we're gonna need those two hams back.
Chris: Huh? I don't have any hams.
Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate fatso.
Chris: Thanks!

Note to self: Buy DVD player. Get FG DVDs.
Also, get TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back