"Facts" about asylum seekers! (2 Viewers)

Heard an oul wan ask another oul wan on the bus this morning whether it was an 'irish person or another wan of dem foreign nationals that was got for the thing in galway' I'm assuming she meant the manuel riedo murder..but 'another one of them foreign nationals' what's that suppose to mean? I know I was only ear-wigging, but it seems that this oul one has built up an imaginary reality in her mind where 'foreign nationals' are killing Irish people??

the guy they have sounds Irish.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1019/riedom.html

Good one, but I think it would be lost on a lot of people.

Also, maybe I'm showing my ignorance here, but wouldn't that be a better word for an Irish person who's left Ireland?

How about keltoi, the Greek word for the Gauls? Fecking barbarian hordes. Wait, how about barbarians? The Greek word for non-Greek?

Do you think the Greeks spent this much time trying to come up with appropriate and innofensive terms for non-Greek-city-state-nationals?

Antiracistngophanes: We shall *not* call our foreigns after the noises they make! That's *language*! Just because they sound unintelligible to you does not mean they are...are....barbar...wait....unintelligible non-gree....oh, wait....OH, BUGGER YOU.

Carryonmildlyracistotle: Oh, bugger you, you big galoot. Anyway, I think they're just lovely. Really hard workers. Wish they'd stop eating the swans, though. Saw a really filthy one the other day, tried to eat a swan, turned out to be Zeus -- the shame! Why can't I call them BARBARIANS without you calling me a racist? GREEK CITY STATES FOR THE GREEK CITY STATIANS!

Barbarian 1: AAAAAAAARG! [rides all the women]

Barbarian 2: AAAaAAAARG! [steals all the jobs]

Swan: [turns into Zeus] STOP! I AM PROTECTOR OF THIS CITY-STATE! AAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Athena: Shut up dad, *I* am protectress of Athens!

Carryonmildlyracistotle: NOOOOOOOO! THE GODS! WE HAVE ANGERED THE GODS!
Antiracistngophanes: NOOOOOOOO! THE GODS! WE HAVE ANGERED THE GODS!

[cut]!

Where was I?

What was I talking about?

Wait.

Iresatz. Good one. I'll get me coat. Let's not call us barbarians. It appears to send me on tangents.

How calling americans american, nigerians nigerian, polish polish, irish irish etc etc?

I'm not racist, some of my best friends are non-nationals.

OOOOH, wait, no, one of my favourites is a really American one, but I'm sure there's an Irish version I'm not really thinking of.

"Naw, when I say n*****, y'all know what ah mean. They's black folk, and then they's n******s. Not all black folk ah N******s and they's got white n*****s, too."

Ick. That's one of those times when I really don't have a response.

Except, I guess, YOU HAVE ANGERED THE GODS.

But what about the people with the unpronounceable foreign names?

Aha that's it just describe "them" as people with funny names. "People with funny names coming to our country and taking our jobs, stealing our women and eating our swans".

Whatever happened to "we're all god's children"?

But what about the people with the unpronounceable foreign names?

Aha that's it just describe "them" as people with funny names. "People with funny names coming to our country and taking our jobs, stealing our women and eating our swans".

Whatever happened to "we're all god's children"?

GOD'S CHILDREN HAVE ANGERED HIM.

That works, though. Maybe we should just call everyone 'God's children'? Most people like that. And I mean, like, instead of 'people'.

Like, "I was on Grafton Street today, and I remember now why I never go to town on a Saturday -- so many of God's children, you can hardly move."

Or: "My band played in the Boom Boom Room, but there were only like 15 of God's Children there. Dublin God's children are so lazy about crossing the Liffey."

what's going on heeeere

a658359f8d59e5749441e6c078a8c249.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back