eyepod (1 Viewer)

Re: ipodz help

ms.b.haven said:
yeah i know, i'm just a bit cautious. wouldn't you think some of the brainier people round here might help us out but ooooh no, too busy having lives
Kirstie's sister bought one in the states at new year and it worked no problem.

Ipods needs iTunes, thats why they suck. Get an i-river.

My understanding is this - ipods you have to use itunes, and unless you change settings you can only use your version of itunes to copy to your ipod. With an i-river you just drag and drop files in windows explorer, on any pc. Or you can bypass the PC and record straight from any digital output.

Bigger nerds than I could correct me on all this though.

ms.b.haven said:
oh yeah i heard a bit about them on the wireless this morning, they're only new out?
Nah been out for ages, I know a few people here have them, old, mondobrutale, hugh....

depends on what version of Windows you have...

http://www.ephpod.com/

Ephpod will work on anything from Win98SE upwards, depending on a few other things. Loads of FAQs and guides on how to set it up etc

You can get plugins for winamp that will enable you to transfer files to your ipod and im pretty sure there are a few other's.

You don't need iTunes for the iPod (although this is the easiest route to take). There's a few other options. Your best bet is to have a trawl through the forums on www.ilounge.com. I used to use anapod explorer to do everything I needed to do on Windows as it did far more than iTunes as regards searching and stuff. I'm pretty sure you can just drag and drop stuff from windows explorer too, although I think that may mess up the internal database.

Nowadays I'm on Linux and there's a load of ipod stuff you can get, although I find that I only ever write to my ipod every few months recently so I haven't really used any of these apps that much.

xplay software is pretty good for an itunes alternative. makes your ipod work with windows explorer, much the same as iriver

itunes is actually fine though. its only major drawback is not being able transfer music from the ipod *back* to your pc (to prevent people copying their music onto other peoples machines) but you can easily get around that with podutil or copypod or somesuch. itunes is pretty too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back