expression pedal (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
does anyone know, if your using a zoom/boss/line 6 multi effect thing, and you hook up an expression pedal, does it have to be from the same company or would any expression pedal do?? they seem to be going anywhere between 20 and 180 on ebay.

Pretty sure any expression pedal will do although the quality of components will vary hugely, not too hard to make one though.

is a footswitch different? i used a non-zoom one (that worked also as a sustain on the midi keyboard) with my zoom multi-fx rack unit and it worked. it just activated/deactivated the bypass.

This is going to be a stupid question, is an expression pedal just a volume pedal!? Or does it do other things connected to other pedals?

Basically the same thing alright. It's just a pot turned on it's side with a foot plate attached to it. When it's connected to another pedal it's used to change a parameter such as depth or rate or whatever.

It's just a pot turned on it's side

MusicCatalog%5CD%5CDe%20La%20Soul%20-%20De%20La%20Soul%20Is%20Dead%5CDe%20La%20Soul%20-%20De%20La%20Soul%20Is%20Dead.jpg

I use a Zoom expression pedal with my Moogerfooger low pass pedal (like a wah wah effect) (yeah bit stupid). Works fine but the Zoom expression pedal is crap, cheap and lightweight and not much range in it's "expression".
Expression pedal is basically a linear pot as they say, round 100k.
A volume pedal can have a nonlinear range (in the case of an Ernie Ball anyways) to make the volume change at one end of the pedal movement a swoosh/swell of volume.
Ernie Ball also have different size pots depending on if you are using the volume pedal with a passive (guitar) (pot is 250K) or active signal (keyboard) (pot is 25k). This is cause a small pot will affect the "weak" passive signal I believe and the swell wont work.

Just re wire a Bespeco volume pedal (100k, ohm that is!!)for one stereo output (with no connection to chassis) and jobs done, cheap and chearful. :)
The one thing that might change is the range, or required ohm value, of the pot. They're usually 100k but can be different. The value (if different) can easily be changed and you just need to check the value on the pedal first to match it accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back