Explain you avatar.. (1 Viewer)

Is he the guy who wrote The Shining?

Nah, I actually wrote that.

It was pretty easy really.
For the part where it says "All work & no play makes Jack a dull boy", I just copied & pasted it a load of times instead of having to type it out over & over again.

That's a little trick of the trade for ya.

Its a picture of me, in my field, in a yellow DEVO suit, with my paddy cap on and a rollie in my mouth.
Reminds and looks like Harry Enfield with his "Wayne Slob" character.
Mine is based on that famous picture of American soldiers erecting their flag after capturing Iwo Jima or some other island during WW II, cept I got someone to convert it to the Crass anarchy/Peace logo/flag/symbol.....

I quite like it.

http://h8w.net/work/im.html

im-6.jpg

Mine
scrabble

edit: why does thumped ignore spaces? That was suppsed to have the s of scrabble under the i of mine, therefore making it look like a scrabble move. Oh well.

Is it Scrabulous??

i just made mine christmassy waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early.

Yeah, what's the dealio?

Mine is me going to work in the morning.

Nah. Martin Luther King nailed his 95 theses to Superman's door
He did this on Hallowe'en night.
What the history books don't tell you is the also left a load of dog shit with a firework planted in the middle of it at the same door.

Essentially Protestantism is just an eloborate trick or treat prank.

Mine is currently just a pic of Christian Bale from American Psycho.. but I'm gonna go back to my gonzo fist.. which is a two thumbed fist with the peyote symbol inside, and also what they fired its creator (hunter s thompson) out of after he died.

gonzo-poster.jpg

Mine is from the Kids' Tobacco Safety page of Whitehouse.org.

http://whitehouse.org/kids/tobacco.asp

It's been my avatar since I joined, back when avatars were big and square, and it seems like it would be a shame to change it now, since I'm still big and square. People used to ask if it was a picture of me as a kid, but no because my mammy never let me have a fringe because they were too hard to take care of and my face was always too small for that sort of carry on.

People used to ask if it was a picture of me as a kid
I used to like to think that it was a picture of you now, like there's this little girl smoking loads of fags and going on about her womb and shit.

my mammy never let me have a fringe
Mine did, and my hair's curly so it always looked unkempt. My mammy sellotaped it to my head once...

I used to like to think that it was a picture of you now, like there's this little girl smoking loads of fags and going on about her womb and shit.

Well, that's true, so the avatar is a sort of metaphorical portrait. Last week, some guy asked me what my husband did for a living and then berated me very loudly for not having produced any children, and that I'd better get cracking, and that despite my insistence that I have a couple more years, I don't have a couple more years at all. I went outside and I smoked a cigarette and then my womb had a drag or two because all that berating is hard on a uterus.

Mine did, and my hair's curly so it always looked unkempt. My mammy sellotaped it to my head once...

I had longish hair briefly, but mostly it was kept short for easy maintenance. I hated it. Then when I got a bit older, I was allowed to get a perm, and for that I have no one to blame but myself because it was woeful. OH, god it was BAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back