Ever notice the way... (1 Viewer)

ever gone to a pub, and been confident enough in yourself not to give a fuck what the people around you are dresed like, or what their talking about?

of course not, you obvious fucking loner losers.

grow up.

hey pal I can fucking abuse the people around me all the fuck I want and for whatever reason I want - be that their stupid clothes, their stupid heads or their stupid converfuckingsations. so shut your damn yapper.

;)

Cant say I have.
But... I didnt go there that much.
But, what I have noticed... is that black people are just way fucking cooler than white people.
Whenever I am with a load of black people... I am totally chilled out and relaxed. Even if its waiting for something for almost three hours. Cool kids. Cool conversations. Coolness. And hotness. Always the same.

whua?

White people... not so. Tense, angry, pissed off.
can't anyone be like this?

Irish people are dicks. Not quite as bad as the English, but... generally dicks to foreigners.
jaysus. thats not true. some are. most aren't in my experience.

All the black dudes didn't give a shit. Cause... half of them came from FUCKING JAMAICA or some such. Which pretty much blows Ireland out of the water on the cool scale.
how? have you ever been? i haven't, but if jamaica is the same as its stereotype then isn't ireland a beautiful, relaxed, lovely, traditional place with friendly smiley people in it?

Shrug. From what I have seen. Yeah. More or less.

can't anyone be like this?
Em, yeah. Of course. I suppose... I just think generally speaking, (me included) the Asian and white guys are more wound up than the black guys. Generally.

Ok, so, we are better than say... Londoners or something. But, I think we believe our own press releases on this one to a certain extent. Most people in NYC are more friendly than Dublin. Mates of mine notice it basically as soon as they get off the plane on the way over.
Chilean people were way more friendly than the Irish. And, honestly, when I have been coming back recently, Dubliners in particular are just seeming not that pleasant generally.

how? have you ever been? i haven't, but if jamaica is the same as its stereotype then isn't ireland a beautiful, relaxed, lovely, traditional place with friendly smiley people in it?

Totally fair point. I have never been. I have been invited loads, but never been. Every time I go on holidays here, I have to go back to Ireland to renew this poxy visa thing for the last while.
BUT, I know a lot of Islanders. You can hear them straight away. And... again, generally they are exceptionally chilled out. I know one or two OCD nutcases. Grand. But... generally relaxed dead on sorts.

So... I was fairly locked when I posted that. I mean, I probably wouldn't post up such generalist bollox normally. But... what can I say. I notice it.
There is a difference in the black and the white cultures here. And I prefer the black one.

i see. you go out, presumably with your mates, to a pub and think "this palce is full of wankers"

and after you leave, is it less full of wankers?

ever tosser in every pub thinks the same ting.
Ah no, i don't give a shit about people sitting around drinking and doing their own thing, it's the saturday night shirts-and-shiny-shoes brigade that do my nut, pushing you out the way at the bar, barging up and down stairs, elbowing everyone, shouting instead of talking, giving menacing stares to anyone who's not in shiny shoes, being really aggressive with girls we're out with. There's a fuckin army of them on a saturday night and they're everywhere, them or the rugby shirt contingent, who're much the same only bigger. Fuckin farmers like. Kill 'em all with pesticide.

hey pal I can fucking abuse the people around me all the fuck I want and for whatever reason I want - be that their stupid clothes, their stupid heads or their stupid converfuckingsations. so shut your damn yapper.

;)
i think you're the guy these other guys are talking about.

Violent crime (and particularly sexual violence) is a disproportionately large problem in Jamaica.

Still, it'd probably be good to know that the guy currently caving your face in was, like, real chilled out and shit.

Violent crime (and particularly sexual violence) is a disproportionately large problem in Jamaica.

Still, it'd probably be good to know that the guy currently caving your face in was, like, real chilled out and shit.

It's a mad country alright:
TOP TEN COUNTRIES FOR HOMICIDE, 2003

COUNTRY

PER 100,000

(1) Colombia 63 (2) South Africa 51 (3) Jamaica 32 (4) Venezuela 32 (5) Russia 19 (6) Mexico 13 (7) Lithuania 10 (8) Estonia 10 (9) Latvia 10 (10) Belarus 9

But the Jamaicans that got out of Jamaica would be the one's with gumption and cop on wouldn't they? The ones that wanted more from life than what Jamaica had to offer.
Like with Irish people. The ones who left Ireland went off and did the whole American Dream thing. The ones that stayed at home were all bitter and religious.

true. I hear they're pretty chilled out about homophobic violence too. it's all drinking Lilt, hanging in the good weather and stamping on the heads of gay folks.

Notoriously, the only thing they hate more than batty-men is gridlock.

ZZZZZZTVACL1024113758PIC.jpg

i was sort of taking the piss with Sealer there. But... generally the lads up in the Bronx and Heights and Harlem and everything are dead on.

Always the same story, I walk in, I think Shit - I am the only white dude here. Then, I realise no one gives a shit. In the slightest.
Where as... for instance, I was in a (deadly) restaurant the other day, and the dude realised half way through my mate was Mexican and not Italian, and they were freaked out a bit. Not only do you have to be white to be in the cool club, you have to be the right religion and from the same country.
I remember going out for drinks with you two in New York and there was some Jewish friend of your missus - and she didn't take too kindly to my Jesus t-shirt.

Ok, so, we are better than say... Londoners or something. But, I think we believe our own press releases on this one to a certain extent. Most people in NYC are more friendly than Dublin. Mates of mine notice it basically as soon as they get off the plane on the way over.
Chilean people were way more friendly than the Irish. And, honestly, when I have been coming back recently, Dubliners in particular are just seeming not that pleasant generally.

Yeah... you're right about Dublin. New money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back