Ethiopian/Eritrean Restaurants (1 Viewer)

i had it today.

it was the dogs lipstick.

the spices totally warmed my cockles, which was great in this weather. gonna drag my friends there asap. yum scrums.

Is there still no Ethiopian restaurant in Ireland/Dublin? Dying to try Ethopian food, found a few recipes online that look nice so may have to just give them a try! Anyone try making any?

i always make an ethopian curry from a recipe book. Not sure how authentic it is.

fry garlic and onions, add a tin of mung beans and tinned tomatos. add cumin and turmeric and a big cinnamon stick. then just leave it simmering for half an hour. complete mush, good with basmati.

It's very very spicey. Mostly eaten with the hands. You get this massive piece of almost pancake like bread to pick up the food with and you eat that too.

the bread - which they call injera - is a bit of an acquired taste. Or, rather, some people like it, and some don't. It is soft and squidgy, made from some mysterious grain called tef. I found it to be teh nom.

One thing that is great about Ethiopian cuisine is they have loads of veg options, because people in the Ethiopian Church have to not eat meat two days a week. However, I have heard that the non meat food outside Ethiopia is distinctly below par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back