engagement rings (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
a good friend of mine is gonna pop the question to his lovely lady.
yesterday was his first excursion looking for the perfect ring.
he asked me to go along with him to offer girly advice/opinion and to act as hand model.
we went to family-run places, bigger chains, and Tiffany.
the two from the whole day that stuck out are this and this.

thing is, Tiffany is bleedin expensive. im just wondering what people's experiences have been getting a ring. is it just as reliable to find a style you like and get it copied? any tips would be handy, poor lad is rather stressed about finding the right one!

:heart:

La La said:
a good friend of mine is gonna pop the question to his lovely lady.
yesterday was his first excursion looking for the perfect ring.
he asked me to go along with him to offer girly advice/opinion and to act as hand model.
we went to family-run places, bigger chains, and Tiffany.
the two from the whole day that stuck out are this and this.

thing is, Tiffany is bleedin expensive. im just wondering what people's experiences have been getting a ring. is it just as reliable to find a style you like and get it copied? any tips would be handy, poor lad is rather stressed about finding the right one!

:heart:

The first diamond is two chunky. I'd go for the second one. It's gorgeous! But that's a popular style. Has he tried going to not expensive jewelers?

some lucky lady is getting this:

ring15.jpg

Has he considered choosing the ring with her? He could find a really funny novelty ring, and get a fancy ring box with a silly note, and pop the question that way. Then they could go and choose it together? Friends of mine did that, and they had loads of fun shopping for it.

Or try an antique shop? Antique rings might not be that much cheaper, but he could probably get a really high-quality ring for the same price as a basic one in a jeweller.

jane said:
Has he considered choosing the ring with her? He could find a really funny novelty ring, and get a fancy ring box with a silly note, and pop the question that way. Then they could go and choose it together? Friends of mine did that, and they had loads of fun shopping for it.

Or try an antique shop? Antique rings might not be that much cheaper, but he could probably get a really high-quality ring for the same price as a basic one in a jeweller.

i'd be with jane on this one, a girl loves to pick the rings these days, my brother gave his now wife and go between until they found a one she likes, then they went and got one together
its a laugh

well we looked in a variety of places where the prices varied heaps. i did suggest what some of you did; that they design one/pick one together and he likes that idea too. but he's still not sure....
he's not uber loaded but i think he can afford a nice enough ring. he said he wants to get her one about 1.2 carats; we noticed though, once you go over 1 carat the prices skyrocket, no matter what jeweller's you're in.
they've talked about it before and she said she wouldn't care what he got her; maybe that's a hint he should stick with a classic style.

Jesus lads, where's the romance gone?

I prefer the second one.

If you want, you could show him this thread. I dunno, maybe that might help, I dunno

seanc said:
Jesus lads, where's the romance gone?

I prefer the second one.

If you want, you could show him this thread. I dunno, maybe that might help, I dunno

i LOVED the second one! (ive never been into diamonds or anythinhg like that, but there's something to be said for waltzing into Tiffany and being able to try heaps on. felt like audrey hepburn for one millionth of a second.)

the second one is gorgeous but it is a wee bit heavy and the band is rather big in width. he liked it though.

La La said:
well we looked in a variety of places where the prices varied heaps. i did suggest what some of you did; that they design one/pick one together and he likes that idea too. but he's still not sure....
he's not uber loaded but i think he can afford a nice enough ring. he said he wants to get her one about 1.2 carats; we noticed though, once you go over 1 carat the prices skyrocket, no matter what jeweller's you're in.
they've talked about it before and she said she wouldn't care what he got her; maybe that's a hint he should stick with a classic style.

If she doesn't mind, then I'd go for a smaller rock. No point in spending loads that he doesn't need to spend. Engagement rings are ridiculously expensive to begin with. I don't even know if I'd be bothered. I'd be happy with some sort of special token that meant something really cool and nice, probably even happier than I'd be with any diamond.

I think me ma has my grandmother's old wedding ring saved in case I ever get hitched, which is cool, 'cause I just wouldn't want loads of money spent on decorating me, when there are lots better ways to spend dough.

If you're gonna go to tiffany, it should be specifically to get the tiffany setting, because that's what you like.

snakybus said:
I'm with Egg. Engagement rings are bullshit. In fact, engagement is bullshit.

It's all about handfasting these days. All the cool kids are doing it. No wait, that's goths. n/m

snakybus said:
I'm with Egg. Engagement rings are bullshit. In fact, engagement is bullshit.

Bullshit for alot of men but would you ruin your other halfs perfect day that shes probably had wet dreams about since a young age...

I can see myself arriving on top of a white horse. A horse that would make the budweiser horses jealous

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back