Elon Musk (1 Viewer)

I've said it before but my primary interest in tracking him is A: how long until he puts twitter in a position that either meta or google just pick it up for spare change and B: how long until he puts tesla in a position that stellantis, or possibly now a chinese car company buy it for pocket change.

I've said it before but my primary interest in tracking him is A: how long until he puts twitter in a position that either meta or google just pick it up for spare change and B: how long until he puts tesla in a position that stellantis, or possibly now a chinese car company buy it for pocket change.

Mostly sharing this because devaluing tesla makes my old posts look better.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I read this comment on *other message board*

could be a load of horseshite but it suits my mood

This is so much bigger.

There is some context that has to be added here.

When you get rich everyone stops telling you no and stands around with their bowls pointed up hoping to collect the droppings.

Elon lives in his own reality as do we all. It’s just that it’s one that he has cultivated to make himself the consummate hero and can afford to do anything he wants.

The problem is he is also strung too tight. Tesla, space x, starlink, Neural link, boring company and Twitter. Plus all his pet projects, children and relationships.

There is still only 24 hours in a day and when you aren’t coming up for fresh air you start to see things in a tunnel as problems to be solved.

On the right hand elon is backing tucker Carlson and the right to save the world from “wokeism”. It has become his autistic white whale. Fixation is a byproduct. Genius and madness share a lot of common ground.

He isn’t totally wrong. There is balance to be had in all things. Unfortunately he is asymmetrically obsessed with it. Which means he loses objectivity.

So he put a bid in on Twitter. He sees it as a shortcut to his X vision. A weibo-esque everything app that is basically a crypto-centric society that destroys corrupt central banks. Bitcoin has some powerful potential. The main one being that no one country can dictate the rules for the rest because no one country can exert leverage over the others. It’s a nice vision if it’s truly decentralized. The problem is in his execution. So many people end up on the wrong side of history because they fixate on the wrong things.

‘Musk’s Twitter Buy Makes No Sense – Unless It’s Part of Something Bigger’

Musk has been so busy being busy that when it came time to buy Twitter which he grossly overbid for he needed outside capital.

Enter Saudi Arabia and MBS.

MBS is an authoritarian and a hypocrite who had Jamal Khashoggi dismembered. He also had about 6000 saudis dissidents rounded up, extorted them of their wealth, and disappeared some of them. He lives by his own set of rules. And as proven by recent history, no one really ever tells him no.

A few months ago he sentenced a teacher to death for saying something objectionable about MBS on Twitter….to his 8 followers.

Saudi also happens to be the second major shareholder in Twitter behind musk.

Now musk is pushing for biometric identifiers for users. Which is effectively handing the mad king all the keys.

Is musk aware of this? Or is he just too distracted saving the world the way he sees it to notice that MBS has his own agenda?

Behind those scenes you have Russia, China and Saudi and Iran colluding to use BRICS to replace the USD as the worlds reserve currency, which historically speaking is overdue. The average lifespan of a reserve currency is 94 years. And if we are being self aware, the USA has gotten ridiculously complacent and hypocritical about noticing where all the junk we buy at Christmas comes from.

All men are created equal right? Except for the brown kid who makes $40 headphones 18 hours a day for $4. During the late 90’s the US offshored most of the “dirty” work when new EPA mandates were passed. Greedy CEO’s decided it was more profitable to let an Asian kid take up that slack than it was to clean up their processes and pay a living wage to an American.

This started the greed cycle, or at least accelerated it. The U.S. jumped to a Silicon Valley based economy which is basically V.C. and private equity bros railing lines of coke off of hookers and pump and dumping 10X returns on theranos, WeWork, Uber, Airb&b, and a dozen others.

This offends the laws of physics as well as doubles down on the hypocrisy that “all men are created equal”. The wild wealth disparity that comes from this is bad. The fact that it made Wall Street a house of cards is cataclysmic. China for its part is biding its time quietly locking up supply chains, logistics and manufacturing. Smart because the US is dumb enough to forget that everything comes from somewhere. But also predatory because the soft and pudgy US assumed China just wanted to be part of western free Moseley democracy like everyone else. Freedom rocks right? Who wouldn’t want it…. The CCP.

The Chinese people would probably love more freedom but the CCP loses control if that happens. And, if we are being self aware, the CCP has become a little complacent themselves with private jets and $64k/month condos in Malibu for their mistresses.

So the corruption and hypocrisy cycle begins again. This time with a little more steam.

So you have MBS, Putin and Xi and their respective inner circles who MUST control the people to remain in control and stay rich.

As Americans, you and I probably have more in common with the average Saudi or Chinese citizen than either of us do with ours or their “leaders”. So the ruling class leans on nationalism to keep us enraged at each other.

If Iranian clerics chanted “death to the American oligarchs who keep their people in poverty and monopolize healthcare” most Americans would join them.

So they settle on “death to America” instead. No need to complicate things.

The more connected the people of the world are via the internet, the more they realize that this war isn’t a world war, it’s the effects of late stage cronyism circling the globe in real time. The corruption of the worlds elite moves like an equal opportunity cancer infecting everything it touches. It moves across borders and Covid lockdowns and through yacht clubs quickly and effortlessly. Because that’s where the ultra wealthy go sleep with each others wives. And they become ultra wealthy by being generally really shitty to the other 97% of people.

Page Sixhttps://pagesix.com › 2023/09/15Sergey Brin finalizes divorce after wife's alleged Elon Musk affair

Musk is playing a big game. He is just a little too busy to see the edges of the board.

Tesla has halted cybertruck deliveries because of a teeny issue with the accelerator pedal getting stuck.

Tesla has halted cybertruck deliveries because of a teeny issue with the accelerator pedal getting stuck.

thankfully it's got really slow accelleration....

I had a car with a sticky accelerator. It was pretty scary having to reach down to free it. There was an issue with the cable catching where it entered through the bulkhead.

Last (and I think only) time I ever had an 'i want to drive fast' moment was the very early morning of Jan 1st 2000. I drove (stone cold sober) to a second party I'd been invited to and hit about 110mph on the M50. I've never had the yen to repeat that, it's not really that interesting to experience.

Last (and I think only) time I ever had an 'i want to drive fast' moment was the very early morning of Jan 1st 2000. I drove (stone cold sober) to a second party I'd been invited to and hit about 110mph on the M50. I've never had the yen to repeat that, it's not really that interesting to experience.

Driving fast on a straight road is indeed very boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back