• xo

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • figure 8

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • from a basement on the hill

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

oh shit

but what was his best record? i think he went shite after the first three... xo is alright i guess. anyway.
one for the soppy indie fools in lovely sweaters.

roman candle is his best.he got ever so gradually weaker with every record that followed cept i might put either/or slightly better than the eponymous one

hold on, which one has "speed trials"? i think it's either/or...either way, that's what i chose. speed trials is his best song evah!

Lord Damian said:
hold on, which one has "speed trials"? i think it's either/or...either way, that's what i chose. speed trials is his best song evah!
yes. either/or. angeles is tastier than speed trials imho. imro imho.

hermie said:
roman candle is his best.he got ever so gradually weaker with every record that followed cept i might put either/or slightly better than the eponymous one

hey hermie

I presume you docked everyone else who disagreed with your opinion on the merits of Elliott Smith's output?

way to miss the point of a poll

prick.

am I on my own with Figure 8?

I'm sure the other ones are great but they never grabbed like Figure 8

probably cause I'm a big sucker for the pop music

I really like it, LA, wouldn't momma be pround, son of sam, fantastic. It's also got some of his best acoustic songs there too in everything reminds me of her, easy way out etc.

Still in the grand scheme of things it's in 4th place behind either/or then Elliott Smith then XO

I really love Figure 8 but i prefer either/or i have to say. Hero all the same..|..|

Figure 8 tops the list for me too. Always loved it, even more than the others, which are all pretty great too. But Figure 8 for some reason was always my favourite.

Crikey...four years gone... :(

I love Figure 8 - it's so bombastic compared to the rest of his albums. I remember going to town the day it came out and sitting in Burger Kind reading and rereading the inlay card. I wasn't allowed go to his gig in the Red Box (I was in fifth year at the time), I'll always regret never getting to see him.
He's always going to be missed.

I wasn't allowed go to his gig in the Red Box (I was in fifth year at the time), I'll always regret never getting to see him.
He's always going to be missed.
I was at that gig.
It was definitely unusual alright. There was no getting around he was an odd guy.

I would never guessed he was dead 4 years. Wow.

there was an interview reprinted in last month's Uncut with him (does anyone think Uncut has turned shite, btw?) and the writer basically said it was no surprise when he heard Elliott was dead.
I have the magazine with his last ever interview in it at home. The title's: 'Elliott Smith - Better Off Than Dead'

Seriously. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back