Elliot Smith Fans? (1 Viewer)

I saw him at reading after Xo came out - to short of a set but really great.

I have never in my life heard of someone killing themselves by stabbing themselves in the chest - there is no way I can believe that is the entire story.

you obviously don't read shakespeare

Fuck shakespease - I read Charles and Mary Lambe instead and passed my exams without having to read that clown.

I got a D in English in the leaving. But, like... I was in honors. So... you know. I thought Shakespeare was a welcome relief after all those fucking Irish poets we had to learn.
Pyrne in a Gyre??? What are you talking about Yeats? I dont understand. I am only 16.
Jesus.

There are Elliot Smith albums that are funnier than Shakespeare's "comedies".

How's this great wordplay for the "world's greatest playwright"

Ham: "Nor the soles of her shoes?"

Ros: "Neither, my lord."
Ham: "Then you must live about her waist, or in
The middle of her favors?"

Guild: "Faith, her privates, we."

I saw him at reading after Xo came out - to short of a set but really great.

I have never in my life heard of someone killing themselves by stabbing themselves in the chest - there is no way I can believe that is the entire story.
The amount of threads on sweetaddy.com that got deleted/locked because they accused Elliott's girlfriend of killing him was unreal - she was a very hated person.
I don't think he did it to himself. But then again, will anyone know the full story? He had defence wounds on his arms, from what I remember from the autopsy on smokinggun.com

I got a D in English in the leaving. But, like... I was in honors. So... you know. I thought Shakespeare was a welcome relief after all those fucking Irish poets we had to learn.
Pyrne in a Gyre??? What are you talking about Yeats? I dont understand. I am only 16.
Jesus.

Yeats can fuck off

I do recall our English teacher explaining this by referring to Elvis and his penchant for gyration.

I thought it was something to do with him fancying some bird who Michael Collins was lashing it into.
Either way that was the point that I just stopped going to English class. Teach "didn't notice" cause she hated me since all I did was pick holes in her weak arguments about why she liked the poem.
She didn't really like poems either. She just tried to look cool in front of the class.

BOAST ALERT! I saw him play the Funnel years ago. Stupidly I spent the entire gig oggling a young fella. Oh regrets.

if that young fella stabbed himself in the chest you would be all... "oooh he was the greatest." and doing that mooching yourself thing, with you hands on your back

women!

Indeed he can. That man's head was so far up his own arse he could see his tonsils.

Our English teacher played us a record of Yeats reciting one of own poems. I believe it was sailing to Byzantium or one of the other really stupid ones. The lad read it in such a pretentious way with mAAAsive elongAAATion of the vowels and a very deep, sOmbre tone.

Prick

Yeats can fuck off

Cop on.

THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all convictions, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

What I remember most about that Red Box gig was that it was faaar too packed. Lots of chattin' (as usual) but it was my birthday, so I did'nt mind too much.
I preferred the show a couple of years earlier in TBMC with Quazi supporting. That was an amazing show.

I have still yet to listen to the basement album. Still cant bring myself to.
I was really shocked to hear about his death that I still have difficulty listening to his music.

(Bring on the slagfest)

if that young fella stabbed himself in the chest you would be all... "oooh he was the greatest." and doing that mooching yourself thing, with you hands on your back

women!

corey told me he practises that in the shower while singing along to elliot shit. he loves him so he does. he has ALL his songs including

why do i sing like a girl
stop whinging
kissy face moochy hands myself
clean my stigmata

the list goes on. classics all of them

Indeed he can. That man's head was so far up his own arse he could see his tonsils.

Oh jesus christ.
Right now I just love thumped so much.

So... there was this fucking statue of the prick in Sandymount Green, and it was all "[SIZE=-1]Cast a cold eye On life, on death. Horseman, pass by!".
Like, its not even grammatically correct. I thought maybe he didn't like horses, and I asked my old man about it all the time, and he had little enough notion what it was about.
But every time, it was there, looking at me. I would try and hurry past and not notice it.

But I knew it was there...not making any sense... fucking with me. AHHH EVERYONE'S GOING TO DIE.

AND I'M ONLY FUCKING 9.
[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back