Elliot Smith Fans? (1 Viewer)

My friend was his next door neighbour in echo park. he had an old beat-up volkswagen Jetta that he drove around smacked out. My friend could never play any elliott smith records case elliott smith would hear him. have loadsa stories. his flat was a bit of a shithole.

BOAST ALERT! I saw him play the Funnel years ago. Stupidly I spent the entire gig oggling a young fella. Oh regrets.

He played there when Figure 8 was out.... and he had a moustache, I think. And a red guitar. Bell X1 supported, I remember. He did an acoustic set in the middle of it, which was pretty special. Great guitar player!

I think I was there too... I am confused though. I remember no moustache.
He looked absolutely fucking miserable the entire gig... like, it was a good gig, I really liked it, but the dude looked like he was about to start bawling his eyes out.
Although, someone in the crowd said something and he kind of got the giggles.

I remember Bellend X1 there alright.

He was a great guitar player. Yup. I liked that gig.

I think I was there too... I am confused though. I remember no moustache.
He looked absolutely fucking miserable the entire gig... like, it was a good gig, I really liked it, but the dude looked like he was about to start bawling his eyes out.
Although, someone in the crowd said something and he kind of got the giggles.

I remember Bellend X1 there alright.

He was a great guitar player. Yup. I liked that gig.

he sounds like that on all the bootlegs I have, like he's really insecure and sad and going to cry.
also, re: prescription meds, the point is he was off heroin etc. which is a big deal for him.

he sounds like that on all the bootlegs I have, like he's really insecure and sad and going to cry.
also, re: prescription meds, the point is he was off heroin etc. which is a big deal for him.

Actually you are dead right sweetoblivion. He was just off the junk at the point. He didn't look strung out per se, but, like, yeah, I forgot about that.
Good point. He looked desperately shy too.
It was a little weird. Everyone there obviously adored him. And he was up there, morto, looking at the floor and shit.
The entire crowd smiled, almost in relief, when he giggled that one time. Everyone seemed to just want to fix him up a bit or something.

There was sort of a strange feel about the gig.

I saw him at reading after Xo came out - to short of a set but really great.

I have never in my life heard of someone killing themselves by stabbing themselves in the chest - there is no way I can believe that is the entire story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back