Elliot Smith Fans? (1 Viewer)

vermilliona

(Retired)
Theres another album going to be released just read today on the website.

http://www.sweetadeline.net/

ELLIOTT SMITH
NEW MOON
(Kill Rock Stars)
Release date: May 8, 2007

Disc 1

Angel In The Snow
Talking To Mary
High Times
New Monkey
Looking Over My Shoulder
Going Nowhere
Riot Coming
All Cleaned Out
First Timer
Go By
Miss Misery (early version)
Thirteen

Disc 2

Georgia Georgia
Whatever (Folk Song in C)
Big Decision
Placeholder
New Disaster
Seen How Things Are Hard
Fear City
Either/Or
Pretty Mary K (other version)
Almost Over
See You Later
Half Right

Beeeeee Goooooood Elllllliiiiiiiiiiot
24.jpg

deadly!! normally these posthumous releases stink.and are just record companies cashing in.but i'd say elliott smith demos and such would be so worthwhile, always preferred his first few albums.

From a basement on the hill was released after he died, but there was some controversy over production. Elliott wanted it to be a double album and probably heavier sounding.
So this double release is great news altogether. I personally love f.a.b.o.t.h.

From a basement on the hill was released after he died, but there was some controversy over production. Elliott wanted it to be a double album and probably heavier sounding.
So this double release is great news altogether. I personally love f.a.b.o.t.h.

it's my least favourite of his

I think he just began to sound samey after a while. Figure 8 was good but he was heading towards MOR territory, I kind of think... still, better than most though. That Red Box gig was pretty great.

He played there when Figure 8 was out.... and he had a moustache, I think. And a red guitar. Bell X1 supported, I remember. He did an acoustic set in the middle of it, which was pretty special. Great guitar player!

it's my least favourite of his

I think he just began to sound samey after a while. Figure 8 was good but he was heading towards MOR territory, I kind of think... still, better than most though. That Red Box gig was pretty great.

he thought that people were stealing tracks off his computer from the sessions, his mind was all over the place around that time. I remember reading the interview with him in Under the Radar a few months before he died and wondering what was going on. Ironically it was titled 'better off than dead'.
There was controversy when the album was released because the family didn't want some of the tracks (like 'abused' which had been hanging around for a while and was rumoured to be about his step-dad) released.

God i was depressed I couldn't make that gig :( I was in fifth year and my mum wouldn't let me!

he thought that people were stealing tracks off his computer from the sessions, his mind was all over the place around that time. I remember reading the interview with him in Under the Radar a few months before he died and wondering what was going on. Ironically it was titled 'better off than dead'.
There was controversy when the album was released because the family didn't want some of the tracks (like 'abused' which had been hanging around for a while and was rumoured to be about his step-dad) released.

God i was depressed I couldn't make that gig :( I was in fifth year and my mum wouldn't let me!

Yes, I heard an interview with him around the same time and I remember thinking "this guy has got serious problems".

Yes, I heard an interview with him around the same time and I remember thinking "this guy has got serious problems".
Ironically in many ways he was actually better than he had been before - he went through this strange rehab programme and was off non-prescription drugs (and he had been taking some hard shit like.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back