Electric Picnic 2008 (1 Viewer)

Unfortunately we (CandyCollective) won't have a space at this year's event. It's a real shame as we hoped to build on what we did last year and we had some pretty unbelievable people lined up to do it, luminaries from art / design / motion graphics / movie making / music / etc. but it's not going to be I'm afraid.

Hopefully next year we'll be back, last year's space was a definite highlight of our 3 short years.

I'm continually seeing email threads, messageboard threads, blog threads where new bands for EP are announced and they all go something like this

Announced

Biz
2Unlimited
Ant & Dec
Yazzoo
Doop
Scatman John
12 inches of SNow

and some moron goes....

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 12 inches of snow...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I'm so going now, suppppperrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yep, I'm always seeing these threads...how do I unsubscribe???

are ant and dec really playing?

don't be getting my hopes up if they're not

Unfortunately we (CandyCollective) won't have a space at this year's event. It's a real shame as we hoped to build on what we did last year and we had some pretty unbelievable people lined up to do it, luminaries from art / design / motion graphics / movie making / music / etc. but it's not going to be I'm afraid.

Hopefully next year we'll be back, last year's space was a definite highlight of our 3 short years.

Bobbins vibes. Missed out on last year's EP and was looking forward to this.

You mean these links?

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2008/07/15/body-soul-arena-at-electric-picnic/

July 15, 2008

Body & Soul arena at Electric Picnic

Filed under: Festivals — Jim Carroll @ 2:58 pm
More, more, more names for the Picnic. This time, it’s for the festival’s Body & Soul arena.
And the list is as follows:
Martina Topley-Bird
Nitin Sawhney
Laura Marling
The Deviant Crew (with The Hideous Penguin)
Ultan Conlan
Johnny Hoban
Autamata
One Day International
Dark Room Notes
Roller/Sparkers
Pathaan
Mauxuam
Helios Jive
Rarely Seen above Ground
Windings
Vivienne Long
Somadrone
Ronan O Snodaigh
James Yorkston
3epkano
David Kitt
Jesse Evans
Matt Elliot
Milosh
Donal Dineen
Alphastates
Vinny Kilduff & Steve Cooney
Armoured Bear
Yoav
Fink
The Yard Dogs

and

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2008/07/15/grace-jones-to-play-the-electric-picnic/

July 15, 2008

Grace Jones to play the Electric Picnic

Filed under: Festivals, Live music — Jim Carroll @ 8:44 am
Oh yes, remember where you read this first. Following her awesome performance at last month’s Meltdown festival in London (rave reviews here, here and here), the peerless Grace Jones will play the sold-out Electric Picnic in Stradbally, Co Laois at the end of August. You did get tickets for it, right?
Other new additions: Joan as Policewoman, The Stunning (back, back, back again on the reunion trail), Stephanie Dosen, Dan Deacon (dude better considering moving here with all the recession euros (™ Thrill Pier) he’s making from Irish shows), Booka Shade (who were rocking at EXIT the other night) and Deadmau5

Cut and paste is great altogether

for those who dont have access to the irish times site

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland