Electric Picnic 2007 thread (5 Viewers)

IGGY POP SAID 'KISS MY MA HONE'...

ELECTRELANE'S DRUMMER IS DEADLY LOOKIN'.

JARVIS KICKED ASS.

CLAP YOUR FANTASY IN HELSINKI WERE PRETTY GOOD ON SUNDAY NIGHT.

MY NECK IS PRETTY SORE.

MY BALLS ARE PRETTY RIPE.

I ATE ALL THE QUAANNNDOs!!!

festivals are NOT for kids. the worst is the parents who wheel their kids right up to the stage. i mean COME ON! they have ears too! id say some serious damage was caused.

i think it's a matter of how you do it (and, to a certain extent, on the individual kids) - i know people who've brought kids to festivals and all concerned had a ball, but they did things like making sure one parent took an early night with the kids every night, had proper ear protection for the nippers, etc.: they put a bit of work into it and made compromises. agreed that having your kids up all night with you carousing and/or wrecking their hearing is not on.

From reading this thread it seems like the winners were beastie boys, final fantasy, bjork, jimmy cake and jarvis. Maybe I shoulda done gone.

i think it's a matter of how you do it (and, to a certain extent, on the individual kids) - i know people who've brought kids to festivals and all concerned had a ball, but they did things like making sure one parent took an early night with the kids every night, had proper ear protection for the nippers, etc.: they put a bit of work into it and made compromises. agreed that having your kids up all night with you carousing and/or wrecking their hearing is not on.
yeah youre dead right. but i saw more negligent parents than wise ones. it seemed to suit the kinda 4-7 year olds better though. loadsa fields to run about in.

particularly during a film where there's a lot of jokes involving children being shagged and a load of swearing.I'm not a hugely conservative parent myself, and the film's really funny, but it's completely unsuitable for kids that young. Plus like, y'know, the state of these folks really,they were completely fucked like. If you've decided to bring your kids (and when my daughter's a little older I'd happily bring her), you should surely have the cop on to stay relatively together.

From reading this thread it seems like the winners were beastie boys, final fantasy, bjork, jimmy cake and jarvis. Maybe I shoulda done gone.

im happy to say i saw all of these :) but Rahzel was absolutely fantastic too, nice addition with Mixmaster Mike. Didn't get a bad vibe either, even with a few extra nic nacks than other years...maybe i was the bad vibe!

yeah actually I think the bad vibe thing, I think some of that can come from what substances you have consumed, and the different perspective it can give things.....

I met quite a few thumpers! I shook hands with ernesto at deerhoof, and was camping beside mr. pharmacist and I likehoovering, also unicron and dowel were about

yeah actually I think the bad vibe thing, I think some of that can come from what substances you have consumed, and the different perspective it can give things.....

Can defo alter your take on things. We were camped in the quiet camping area and were not loving the fucking rave over the fence on saturday night - but one friend on yokes liked it.

I didn't notice much bad vibe at this - obviously at an event this size different people have different experiences. Sounds like there was a few pricky security guards about but not the majority. if yer unlucky enough to run into the pricks though it can sour the weekend.

I met quite a few thumpers! I shook hands with ernesto at deerhoof, and was camping beside mr. pharmacist and I likehoovering, also unicron and dowel were about

I thought the atmosphere was great. Not having schoolkids aroud makes a big difference, and even though closing the bars early was a balls it certainly cuts down on the general drunken messyness.

No-one fell on my tent, which was always a twice nightly occurance at Reading or Leeds and there wasn't the general sense of unease arund the campsites I remember from there either.

I found the security to be polite and efficient and there seemd to be plenty of them. it really bugs me though that the cops arent a visible presence in campsites. Reading always has bobby's walking through the tents. I'd be happy enough to swop the occasional caution for smoking if it meant the campsites were that bit better policed.

Can defo alter your take on things. We were camped in the quiet camping area and were not loving the fucking rave over the fence on saturday night - but one friend on yokes liked it.

jasus, what were they on? i actually would have minded it a lot less if the music hadn't been such appalling shite. taste-free fuckers. that said, i did get back to the campsite at about 6am and was so tired that i fell asleep fairly quickly despite it, but a lot of people i was camped with were pretty pissed off about it.

I didn't notice much bad vibe at this - obviously at an event this size different people have different experiences. Sounds like there was a few pricky security guards about but not the majority. if yer unlucky enough to run into the pricks though it can sour the weekend.

yeah, i didn't think there was a bad atmosphere either. pretty good most of the time, in fact.

we slept in the car, good job too. A full scale rave kicked off a few metres from us (lights and everything!). We just got up and drove to a quieter place, got kip, VG. When we woke up an opened the doors we could hear the rave still going on. Such bad music. The security shouldn't be taking booze off people but CDs!

No kids this year. As much as it seems like a cool idea to bring your kids to a festival.. you'll have a better time without them. And so will they probably.

Highlight of the weekend:

Deerhoof.i was probably looking forward to other acts more but they just keep getting better and better.easily the best i've ever seen them and proof to me that they are currently the best band in the world

Other highlights:

Bjork (a close second; amazing set, great performance, great show)
Sonic Youth (again couldn't have asked for a better set, Silver Rocket and 'Cross the Breeze!!)
MIA
Skream
Iggy
The pie Minister

Disappointments:

Sound for Sonic Youth
Modest Mouse
The Fall (too one-dimensional)
missing way too many bands i meant to see

wNo kids this year. As much as it seems like a cool idea to bring your kids to a festival.. you'll have a better time without them. And so will they probably.
Haha same with us! I'd say Isabelle would love to have been there during the day (she's crazy about Delorentos), but I'm glad she was at home. Stayed in the family campsite, I ran a group of young fellas who were pitching their tent beside us and cranking up their ghetto blaster. Comfortable sleeping arrangements sure increases one's enjoyment of this sort of thing.

Highlight for me was Final Fantasy, others were Bondo de Role, Bjork, Mr. Scruff, Beasties on Sunday, Delorentos and Jinx Lennon. Spent too much of Sunday running from one place to another trying to see everything, should have known better but couldn't help myself

we were in the playstation tent and there seemed to be loads of kids who were just dumped there for the day playing games...saw about 100 kids and about 2 parents:)

I only met the Olds, the bowleses, mr delorentos, anthony and a bloke that used to work with me. Zeelander was behind us in the queue on the way in, along with someone identifying themselves as being in the jimmy cake to some youngwans. Worst pulling technique ever.

I think everyone else was avoiding me.

was sad to see that this hadnt made a comeback this year.
wallwriting3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back