Electric Picnic 2007 thread (4 Viewers)

was sad to see that this hadnt made a comeback this year.
wallwriting3.jpg

I considered writing up the full link to the thread but couldn't think of where and then forgot all about it

hahaha, I really want it to have it's own wikipedia page or at least be mentioned on the internet phenomenons one

Highlights

Iggy & The stooges
LCD Soundsytem
The Beastie Boys
!!!
Final Fantasty
DJ Yoda
The Food. Especially the home made half pounders from the Knackered Chef
The fact that it never became the full scale mud bath that I feared it might be
The abandoned €3 cups that were lying around everywhere. I cashed in 50 of them. Free money bitches!
The relaxed Security staff. I kept stuffing my pockets with cans and I didn't get patted down once

Lowlights

MIA (God she's talentless)
The idiots playing trance in the woods next to our campsite
The fact that Tangerine Fields didn't have their own showers and jacks like they did at Oxegen
The state of the Portaloos. When I was at Oxegen the jacks were been constantly cleaned. I didn't see one person maintaining the jacks the whole weekend
The lack of portaloos and urinals in general
The fact that the bars closed at ten
The fact that the Beastie Boys and Modest Mouse were in tents way too small to accomadate the number of people that wanted to see them

what a weekend. ill be recovering for a while! the jimmy cake rocked my world.

i dont think ill ever get over the smell of shit from the campsite toilets though.

all in all, awesomeness. so sad it's over :(

I managed to get by without a portapotty visit, but at the entrance that brought you in by the green campsite site there were 3 of them. When I came in on sunday evening, the door to one was open and I glanced in. The sight that greeted me was not one I'm likely to forget in a hurry. How desperate can the last 7 or 8 people who visited it have been to have gone in such a state as that? And there was a big wooded area right there. I think I'd have taken my chances with the bears than to have spent a couple of minutes in the company of other people's shite.

And in the male side of the jacks in the arena, the urinals barely covered half the space along the back wall. When it was dark that area wasn't lit at all, so I'm not surprised that people (me amongst them) opted to go against the wall a little further down. Plus, at one stage I was at the urinal and some real tall bloke stood in next me to go for a whizz. The scumbag had his mickey pointed up and splashed his piss over me and the bloke next to me. Wanker. He was too big for me to point this out to him though. Wanker.

There was some shite on the side of a can of Bulmers in one of the toilets I was in. I really hope someone was trying to wipe their arse with it and it didn't just fall there.

Great weekend, nice buzz as usual. What I saw:

Bjork - absolutely incredible, especially the LFO wig outs.
Somadrone - really lovely set.
Jimmy Cake - very tight and extremely rockin'.
Ladytron - good fun, nothing too out of the ordinary
Jarvis - fantastic, the last song was a genius feel-good move too.
Final Fantasy - mesmerizing. The guy is phenomenal.
Deerhoof - best I've ever seen them play
Pez - hilarious shite
Si Shroeder - great in parts, a little dull overall.
The Fall - alright in bits, but meh
The Beastie Boys (2nd show) - so fucking cool. One of the best performances.
Sonic Youth - surprisingly good even by their standards. 100%!
Iggy - deadly, so much fun to see everyone on stage
Primal Scream - not my cup of tea, but I enjoyed it through my girlfriends eyes.

Missed lots of other things but didn't mind, drank moderately, ate loads, met and lost people continuously.

I managed to get by without a portapotty visit, but at the entrance that brought you in by the green campsite site there were 3 of them. When I came in on sunday evening, the door to one was open and I glanced in. The sight that greeted me was not one I'm likely to forget in a hurry. How desperate can the last 7 or 8 people who visited it have been to have gone in such a state as that? And there was a big wooded area right there. I think I'd have taken my chances with the bears than to have spent a couple of minutes in the company of other people's shite.

And in the male side of the jacks in the arena, the urinals barely covered half the space along the back wall. When it was dark that area wasn't lit at all, so I'm not surprised that people (me amongst them) opted to go against the wall a little further down. Plus, at one stage I was at the urinal and some real tall bloke stood in next me to go for a whizz. The scumbag had his mickey pointed up and splashed his piss over me and the bloke next to me. Wanker. He was too big for me to point this out to him though. Wanker.

Was this on the Sunday night against the wall of the portaloo section facing the main stage?

Ladytron - good fun, nothing too out of the ordinary

meant to mention them. They were deadly. Very pleasantly surprised, having not known a lot lot about them beforehand. Was worth missing Ratatat for.

I loved Primal Scream too, though I'd be one for not being ashamed to admit I'm still a fan. Actually, down the back was great crack for their set. People just chilled out dancing all over the place. It was a really, really good buzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back