Electric Picnic 2007 thread (1 Viewer)

Jarvis - fantastic, the last song was a genius feel-good move too.

he was off the chart. fucking amazing set.

edit: fujiya & miyagi, deerhoof, sonic youth and the manics were pretty deadly as well.

toilets were grand, food was amazing. no dickheads around the campsites. body and soul was my best friend at the weekend.
thought the final fantasy/clap your hands/architecture in helsinki jam was a bit cack to be honest. forgive and forget though as she said.

meant to mention them. They were deadly. Very pleasantly surprised, having not known a lot lot about them beforehand. Was worth missing Ratatat for.

I loved Primal Scream too, though I'd be one for not being ashamed to admit I'm still a fan. Actually, down the back was great crack for their set. People just chilled out dancing all over the place. It was a really, really good buzz

yeah that's where I was too, nice vibe alright. I tried to cash in my cups afterwards but the VIP was shut early. Saw some people with tonnes of them, looked like a riot was about to break out.

Speaking of riots, the Irish Sun chose a picture of Thurston Moore as their main picture for their report. Slightly bizarre.

meant to mention them. They were deadly. Very pleasantly surprised, having not known a lot lot about them beforehand. Was worth missing Ratatat for.

I loved Primal Scream too, though I'd be one for not being ashamed to admit I'm still a fan. Actually, down the back was great crack for their set. People just chilled out dancing all over the place. It was a really, really good buzz

nice atmosphere, but man, their set was patchy. myself and my mate decided that they simply have no idea which of their songs are good or not. we were actually considering some kind of intervention - we reckoned bobby gillespie is weedy enough for two very tired slightly drunk festival goers to overpower him.

("look here, gillespie. enough of this pretending to be a southern boogie band. or some kind of inadequate rolling stones. ENOUGH.")

"swastika eyes" was excellent, mind.

nice atmosphere, but man, their set was patchy. myself and my mate decided that they simply have no idea which of their songs are good or not. we were actually considering some kind of intervention - we reckoned bobby gillespie is weedy enough for two very tired slightly drunk festival goers to overpower him.

("look here, gillespie. enough of this pretending to be a southern boogie band. or some kind of inadequate rolling stones. ENOUGH.")

"swastika eyes" was excellent, mind.

yeah, their insistence on playing songs from their new album doesn't help. It was a poor album. But they gave us some gems like Burning Wheel, Kill all Hippies (which I thought was hilarious given how many hippies were in the crowd), Shoot Speed and Swastika Eyes (which you mentioned). Then Damaged, Loaded and Movin On Up from Screamadelica to close out the set couldn't have been bettered I reckon. Well, maybe it could if they'd have thrown in Higher than the Sun.

deerhoof were so good i thought i was going to explode from joy.

hey i havent read this thread through - what was the deal with the dude who died at chemical brothers? anyone hear anything more?

i think the number of penises i saw out at the beastie boys on saturday night may possibly be more than all the penises ive ever seen in my life added up..we were standing on the left hand side by the wall and every dude was pissing against the side cos if they left the likelihood of them getting back in was next to none..i warned theses two girls not to sit down in the piss..im such a good samaritan..

the scary clown faces they had scared the shit out of me..and i was stone cold sober..

i was pleasantly drunk before the beastie boys but their shitness sobered me right up..

deerhoof were so good i thought i was going to explode from joy.

their drummer,fantastic as he is though, kind of got on my nerves after a bit with the constant "I'm gonna play whatever the fuck i want" type rolls.it worked really well sometimes, but after a bit he was just kinda stampeding all over the songs and i wanted to smack him.they were still amazing though.And the presence of the Cardboard Robot made them even more enjoyable.

am i the only person that thought Serena Maneesh were great?

their drummer,fantastic as he is though, kind of got on my nerves after a bit with the constant "I'm gonna play whatever the fuck i want" type rolls.it worked really well sometimes, but after a bit he was just kinda stampeding all over the songs and i wanted to smack him.they were still amazing though.And the presence of the Cardboard Robot made them even more enjoyable.

that cardboard guy was crazy. He came over to my group and started robot hugging everyone. And then some random bloke came up to me and offered me some of his buckfast. I politely declined. Wouldn't be a buckfast person myself personally.

that cardboard guy was crazy. He came over to my group and started robot hugging everyone. And then some random bloke came up to me and offered me some of his buckfast. I politely declined. Wouldn't be a buckfast person myself personally.
we fed him twiglets as he robo-shimmied all the way though deerhoof.legend.

am i the only person that thought Serena Maneesh were great?
That's what I complained about when I saw deerhoof int the tbmc last year, the drummer seems to want to show off his moves rather than play songs. I enjoyed both times I've seen deerhoof, but his overplaying does my head in at times.

I must have been stood next to you, that cardboard robot fella was in front of me for most of the show.

I really wanted to see Serena Maneesh but me and herself decided to leg it early, glad to hear they were good.

got the distinct impression they were having some equipment problems though

Yes, it did seem that way.

some random bloke came up to me and offered me some of his buckfast. I politely declined. Wouldn't be a buckfast person myself personally.

Moose?

Did anyone else see the whoopie cushion guy on Saturday? There were some very strangely dressed people around :D

Anybody see the samba band in the bodytonic tent on Sunday? Aquelera i think they were called.

Fuck me. Amazing.

Some crazy fuckin lunatic was pulling his dick looking at the 2 dancers hahaha. No joke. I got a tap on the shoulder from his mate who pointed it out to me. Apparently he does it at most festivals so he said.

He was grabbed by 3 security guards soon after when he tried to climb the barrier (probably to wank on stage). Good bloke.

Oh and MIA, Bjork, Bat for Lashes, the falafels, the farmers market, Larry Heard, Jamie Liddel, jimmy cake and Horace Andy were fuckin great too.

big booooooooo for the sound and the amount of snobby locked cunts barging through crowds and pushing (probably pricks from thumped).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back