Electric Picnic 2007 thread (4 Viewers)

most disturbing sight of the weekend: The woman who was in the cinema tent, hammered, around midnight, letting her three kids (none of whom could have been older than 7 or 8) watch "The Aristocrats" . Seriously, I know it's a festival, yer still a parent.

agree. MIA started to grate so badly that I left and went over to Fionn Regan. The sound was so shit over there that I left and went back to MIA, where it was still shit. I thought the sound for Spiritualised was pretty ok, and I too was up near the front for it.

The thudding from nearby tents was a major problem all weekend, particularly with the quieter acts.

Yeah i was at the back for Spiritualized at the start and sound was shit. Moved up closer in front of the sound desk and problem solved, was grand

Sound at MIA was decent up the front. That electric arena was generally rubbish: views are crap - exept at the sides - and the sound is muck unless you're up near the stage.

most disturbing sight of the weekend: The woman who was in the cinema tent, hammered, around midnight, letting her three kids (none of whom could have been older than 7 or 8) watch "The Aristocrats" . Seriously, I know it's a festival, yer still a parent.

I saw a lad at JAMC bent over puking his ring while texting at the same time. Puking didn't seem to phase him at all and he never took his eyes off his phone. It was a truly great moment!!

As has been mentioned, the lack of jacks was shocking. Not so bad if you're a lad, but we had a couple of girls in our group and they nearly had to start queuing before they knew they even needed to go.

i actually thought the toilet situation out around the main stages wasn't bad at all, better than last year in fact. there were a few queues, but they moved really fast (apart from one time when they had closed off half the loos beside bodytonic for poovering) and most of the portaloos were surprisingly unterrifying: they seemed to have a fairly regular cleaning schedule. maybe i was just lucky in terms of timing, but it really wasn't much hassle for me at all.

hence my surprise at the number of people pissing in public.

(of course, that could be why the queues for the toilets weren't bad.)

agreed that big screens by the main stage would have been good for some acts (it was great fun watching the guy doing the reactable stuff for bjork on the screens at glastonbury, and you couldn't see what he was doing at all at ep unless you were practically on the stage), and yes, beasties in a tent, ffs, why, etc.

i used the toilets over by circus thing on saturday night..i came out and promptly puked right beside the boys feet...the memory of those toilets will be burned into my skull forever..

agreed that big screens by the main stage would have been good for some acts (it was great fun watching the guy doing the reactable stuff for bjork on the screens at glastonbury, and you couldn't see what he was doing at all at ep unless you were practically on the stage), and yes, beasties in a tent, ffs, why, etc.

Was he even using the reactable? I was looking out for it but couldn't see anything. shame alright.

"!!

thats it really

!!!

I said

!!!"

Good god, the singer from that band pissed me off so much. Even though the music was great, his movements and face forced me to leave. If it had been just his facial expression or just the irritating movements I might have been able to stand it, but the combination filled me with fury and kicked me out.

Fair enough - he is the kind of frontman that some people won't like - he looked like the guy from Sparks on loads of speed, but still I reckon thats better than the stunning lack of charisma, energy or excitement from the LCD guys. I reckon he seemed to be having a ball and wanted to get everyone vibed up.

i used the toilets over by circus thing on saturday night..i came out and promptly puked right beside the boys feet...the memory of those toilets will be burned into my skull forever..

urgh, maybe i was lucky. i never used those ones, and now i'm glad i didn't...

hence my surprise at the number of people pissing in public.

(of course, that could be why the queues for the toilets weren't bad.)

I was particularly impressed by the guys in the toilet area standing next to the urinal and pissing against the wall.

But then I think there is a pretty lax attitude to public toilet making in Ireland. I used to have a friend from Texas who had travelled all over the world (she was fairly old) and when asked what was unique about Ireland she said the amount of public urination.

When I was out buying camping stuff on Thursday lunchtime I saw a guy having a crap on the Liffey boardwalk...nice.

Fair enough - he is the kind of frontman that some people won't like - he looked like the guy from Sparks on loads of speed, but still I reckon thats better than the stunning lack of charisma, energy or excitement from the LCD guys. I reckon he seemed to be having a ball and wanted to get everyone vibed up.
I guess I just thought LCD Soundsystem came across as totally sincere whereas yer man was trying as hard as he could to look like a "front man".

I was particularly impressed by the guys in the toilet area standing next to the urinal and pissing against the wall.

On the last night after the primals I was walking past the jacks at the back of the arena.

There was a little gully running from the wall where the urinals were down towards the sound desk - all that area was just soaked.

There was a gang of 4 girls sitting down right in the middle of it. I hadn't the heart to point our to them why the patch they were sitting on was so damp.

I thought it was fucking brilliant.did'nt meet one prick(pig,security or punter).Did'nt have any hassle with me booze or drugs.Found a fairly big bag of coke near me tent so did'nt sleep till 6 on sunday and would'nt have only me feet swelled up something mad so had to rest.65 days of static rocked so did the Fall,Deerhoof,somadrone, and a load of other shit I cant remember.stooges sounded fantastic from my horizontal view point.

festivals are NOT for kids. the worst is the parents who wheel their kids right up to the stage. i mean COME ON! they have ears too! id say some serious damage was caused.

I had a great weekend, met fuck loads of thumped people, too many to list all really sound too, well done. There was definitely a bit of a bad vibe about this year, maybe the weather had something to do with it.

LCD Soundsystem were good but the croony number near the end was a huge anti climax.
Jimmy Cake were deadly, first time seeing them.
Marleena Shaw was super, sitting up the front on my own just chilling watching some dude with one of them ten string stick things and an amp in a rucksack jamming along was cool(thankfully I could see but not hear him).
I left MIA as I couldn't hear a thing.
!!! were fun
Being given seats to mind outside the fall was cool, they actually sounded pretty good from outside too
65 days of static rocked
Spiritualized were great, sound was grand where I was.
Couldn't get near beasties on sat so went to Deerhoof and stood in front of the drummer who was great.

Warlords were rocking the mass.
Rahzel was amazing especially Iron Man.
Beastie Boys sunday gig was great.
Stooges were great, I just watched mike watt for the whole gig.
Sonic Youth were great although I thought they could've been louder.
The end of Fugiya and Miyagi was cool, looked like it would've been a deadly gig.
Skream on mushrooms was deadly although I could barely stand due to severe back pain.

Not gonna bother with the stuff I didn't like, oh and this post took me half an hour, haha.

But then I think there is a pretty lax attitude to public toilet making in Ireland. I used to have a friend from Texas who had travelled all over the world (she was fairly old) and when asked what was unique about Ireland she said the amount of public urination.

When I was out buying camping stuff on Thursday lunchtime I saw a guy having a crap on the Liffey boardwalk...nice.

Yeah, I never really get over how much public urination there is, as if somehow we're (and I mean 'we' as in 'people who don't piss in public') not supposed to mind that while we're walking down a public footpath, some guy is there with his lad out, and we've got to step over his pee stream. That and the puke. And the rubbish.

That said, a friend of mine in Boston was once telling me how he saw a prostitute (there were a few around where we lived) get out of a car, squat down, take a big dump in the middle of the road, then stand up and strut off like nothin' doin'. Amazing.

festivals are NOT for kids. the worst is the parents who wheel their kids right up to the stage. i mean COME ON! they have ears too! id say some serious damage was caused.
In the VIP area on Saturday there was a baby who was apparently 2 weeks old. I shit you not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back