Ebay Postage (1 Viewer)

Vinnie

Supporter
Since 2000
Website
www.thejimmycake.org
Evening folks. I just bought an LP on Ebay for $14 and the postage charge is another $16 which seems pretty exorbitant to me. I contacted the seller and he said that this is the cheapest rate but I checked US postage rates on LPs from Amazon and they are less than half that which is what I would have been charged on previous purchases from other ebay sellers. Should I challenge this or is this what it actually costs?

As far as i know amazon force their sellers to use a fixed price on postage while ebay sellers choose their own. Although this is changing over the next few weeks with caps and stuff coming in. Chances are that is the cheapest rate

You should check it with them before you bid if it's not displayed. Also, the price includes packaging, which is a few dollars. But it's still too much. Best to use Ebay.co.uk if you can.

Did he state the price for shipping in his listing?

You should check it with them before you bid if it's not displayed. Also, the price includes packaging, which is a few dollars. But it's still too much. Best to use Ebay.co.uk if you can.

The charges were not displayed. I just assumed based on previous charges that it would be around what I usually pay. Lesson learned. Thanks for the responses..

These days, postage from the US for one LP comes to between $14.20 and $14.70. The cost of the mailer, and actually doing the packing and posting can often account for the bit extra on top of that. Most sellers don't add that, but some do, and it's kind of understandable, I guess.

It's something of a double-edged sword. The fixed postage is the reason that lots of Amazon sellers won't ship to Ireland, seemingly they lose money on postage and so are better off to keep it in the UK.

I bought a 119 page paperback book off this one in canada and I failed to notice that the $12 listed as postage price was for canada only. i am being charged $33 for airmail. has anyone else found canada to be a prick with its postal rates? as far as i can figure out from canadian post website this price is probably correct.

Canada mail is famously expensive. If it goes by surface/boat you can expect to see it around christmas

Yea, Canada may be the worst. I never buy anything from there any more. Plus you might get charged poxy, rip-off customs duty. Japan is bad too.

Vinny, it is high but kind of normal. I always ask the postage charge before I bid no matter what it says on the site. If you don't wanna pay just tell him and get negative feedback but that would suck

Has anyone had trouble with stuff not turning up? Of all the stuff I've bought on ebay and other mail order places i dont think anything has ever gone missing. Its turned up late a few times and once the postmaster from the post office delivered a packet to me along with a personal heartfelt apology for the tardiness of the delivery - the item had been sitting in the sorting office and he simply had no excuse for it. he took the envelope back so that he could launch an investigation into the matter, although i never heard how this concluded.

anyway, i ordered 5 books recently and only one turned up. the seller has 99.3% positive feedback after 70300 sales. i inquired and was told they were sent in late july and i got an email from ebay the other day asking me to leave feedback but i cant leave any feedback now as the items have disappeared from my history. is this unusual?

anyway, i ordered 5 books recently and only one turned up. the seller has 99.3% positive feedback after 70300 sales. i inquired and was told they were sent in late july and i got an email from ebay the other day asking me to leave feedback but i cant leave any feedback now as the items have disappeared from my history. is this unusual?

100% - 99.3% = 0.7%

0.7% of 70300 = 492.

thats 492 people who were screwed over. quite a lot really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back